Preamp - Processor for 2 channel music

looking to downsize home theater to a 3.1 system, looking for a preamp/processor that excels in 2 channel music. Speakers are Aerial 7b, with Aerial CC3b center and Talon sub. Source Oppo 105. Current amp Rotel 1095 but will probably change. Thanks
jl35
i've been useing my marantz 4300 4 chanell reciever as a tuner preamp connected to my mcintosh mc602 power amp. untill 2011. the 4300 was getting old so i was looking for a mcintosh pre amp tuner, but they only had the older looking units. so i was looking at the mcintosh home theater units. i bought the mx 132 because it was the least expensive that matched my amp.
Ok...it’s expensive, but a cool option might be a Linn Klimax DSM3. 4xHDMI 2.0a (or b?) inputs to go with other digital inputs including Ethernet for streaming, balanced inputs, balanced and single ended outputs...it seems like a really neat device.
I'm using a Luxman CL38U-SE for 2 channel listening. I have a Krell Showcase for HT. For the Krell I use the balanced outputs for movies. When I want to listen to music I hit the switch on my Bryston 2.5 SST2 amp to RCA connections that go to the Luxman. Easy solution for preamps w/out HT pass through.