Tekton Double Impacts

Anybody out there heard these??

I have dedicated audio room 14.5x20.5x9 ft.  Currently have Marantz Reference CD/Intergrated paired to Magnepan 1.7's with REL T-7 subs.  For the vast majority of music I love this system.  The only nit pick is that it is lacking/limited in covering say below 35 hz or so.  For the first time actually buzzed the panel with an organ sacd. Bummer.  Thought of upgrading subs to rythmicks but then I will need to high pass the 1.7's.  Really don't want to deal with that approach.

Enter the Double Impacts.  Many interesting things here.  Would certainly have a different set of strengths here.  Dynamics, claimed bottom octave coverage in one package, suspect a good match to current electronics.

I've read all the threads here so we do not need to rehash that.  Just wondering if others out there have FIRST HAND experience with these or other Tekton speakers

Thanks.
corelli
Hi Aric,
Good point, total system gain is what I was alluding to and of course the gain of the power amplifier needs to be known. My amplifier most probably has more gain than the Pass Labs amplifier.  In my system 18 db of gain from the preamplifier was too much(very loud at 10AM VC setting) 10 db is ideal (for my amplifier). Another consideration would be the front end (source) voltage output.
Charles 

Another variable regarding power amplifiers is their sensitivity as measured in volts would influence the correct gain level of the preamplifier. Some amplifiers can be driven to full output with 1 volt or even less (My amplifier sensitivity is 0.7V). Some amplifiers are less sensitive and may require 2 or 3 volts to drive to full output. The Pass Labs may be in this latter category.
Charles

Exactly! I tend to want to design with some headroom in mind as there's nothing worse than running out of gain while the amp is just starting to open up. Like a governor on a hot rod.... No bueno!
Can't wait to see pics of the Motherode Aric. I don't know what a tube regulated power supply is but it sounds cool to me. Can't ever have enough tubes if you ask me. 

I wish I understood how gain affects how amps and pre amps worked together better......that's one of the reasons I had Aric build my preamp and amp together, to avoid having to worry about such issues. I know this much I can't turn the volume knob much over 9 o'clock without it become too loud for me. 

Brian, you're right the preamp and amp Aric built me sound fantastic......if only they had a cool name like Motherlode! Lol. I'll call the preamp Moe and the amp Foe. What a pair they make 😀

On a different note, great call teajay, Steve Winwoods Greatest Hits Live is a keeper. Ben Harper and the Innocent Criminals is another new fav of mine.

Tom