Technics 1200g vs Rega rp8, VPI aries, avenger, Basis 2000, Linn LP12 etc. Can it compete?

I am thinking of upgrading my Turntable in the next few months.  It has been a long journey as believe it or not, the VPI scout really is a great table and has kept me satisfied for a long time.  However, I am looking for my last table.  Has anyone had experience with the new Technics 1200g? is it really as good as the best from VPI, Basis, SME, Feikert, etc.  It has intrigued my interest and from what I see it looks like it can easily hold its own against some of the best.  What headshells, mats, record clamps work best?  Can you use a clamp with this table?  Looking forward to your replies.
tzh21y
As far as the LP12 goes(which I own), there is no question in my mind that the newest, maxed-out one has a much more silent background than the AC motor ones.  I'm unsure if the tune(Linn's basis for audio equipment judging, which actually means when/if your body starts to move to the music, that's the equipment/or, for me, the volume at which you should play your music.  They claim, and I agree with, this results in long-term satisfaction with your music playing.) is any better(especially because the price is so high to get this).  Of course, it's actually a hope of mine that I can max out my AC version, and be able to live with that, or win the lotto, and upgrade to the DC mod.
Tzh21y

Yeah hearing is subjective and you prefer the Scout. I seriously have to ask you do you not hear a bigger sound stage, more clarity and better dynamics of the Prime? Is it just the presentation you prefer?

I have heard Aires setups and think it sounds way closer to the Prime  than the Scout sounds. Just IMO

I would not hesitate to buy the new Technics. I love the old 1200 and how easy it is to use. I think a used old technics beats quite a bit of tables with huge price tags. I can only image the new one will get that last bit of performance the old 1200 didn't get with the rock solid speed and reliability.
The presentation.  Th prime is more detailed, has better clarity and dynamics.  Closer to aries in those ways for sure.
Actually, I heard a scout with a Denon 103R on it played through a 300,000 system.  I was pretty amazed how it sounded.  Then I heard the prime through a 75000 system.  The scout sounded better.  So, the rest of the system does have a lot to do with it.  I am sure the prime would have sounded fabulous on the reference system.