Audio Horizons fuses.... won’t buy them again...

I’ve bought 5 Audio Horizons Platinum fuses a couple of months ago, for my amps, speakers and DAC.
Three days ago, coincidentially, the 5A fuses on my mono amps (Rogue Apollos), blew at the same time on start up. Replaced them with the OEM fuses, and everything works again.
I have a very good electrical installation, with independent lines for each amp, a no surges or anything strange occurred. My speakers, Evolution Acoustics MM3s are always ON, and nothing happened to the fuses on them.
I emailed Joseph Chow inmediately and his response was to send the fuses back to him (at my cost, I live in Ecuador...), to repair them for $70/each, plus shipping.
I have paid $138 for each fuse in October, and no warranty?... what a shame!!!
Won’t buy these fuses again, NEVER!!!
128x128leog2015
Just stay away from the fuse snake oil, it’s all BS just to get your dollars.
@georgehifi

While I’m inclined to agree with you completely, I’m curious as to your opinion as to why so many folks (on this forum and others, such as very recent postings on head-fi where the Yggy fuse is concerned) claim to *hear* an improvement when switching from a manufacturer supplied fuse to a boutique aftermarket fuse.
purport to *hear* an improvement when switching from a manufacturer supplied fuse to a boutique aftermarket fuse.
Simple answer to that one, "they don't". If you know your ac/mains theory, it's just not possible. 

What they do hear is "expectation bias" waiting for it to arrive after spending $130 on a $2 fuse. Or their replacing an old fuse that's had too many turn on surges over time and carbonising and getting ready to blow like this pic below.
There's no way they could reliably pick the difference in a blind A/B.

https://i.stack.imgur.com/0uqWX.jpg

Cheers George 
Go back through the fuse threads and you'll see that this argument has already been shot down. Properly made fuses should show no signs of wear unless they are cheaply made. All they have to do is blow when required. 

Now imagine the silliness of an argument that purports that hundreds, if not thousands of people succumb to expectation bias when it comes to fuses. Now attribute that silliness to the people who bring it up over and over again.

All the best,
Nonoise
Go back through the fuse threads and you’ll see that this argument has already been shot down.

Really!! think about it. Your comparing your new "boutique" $$$ fuse to an old $2 original one that’s seen many turn on cycles from when the unit was new, and is carbon’ed up and bent out of shape as in the pics.
(left is new, right is after many turn on cycles) 
https://i.stack.imgur.com/0uqWX.jpg
You have no argument, all you have is " expectation bias".

Cheers George
Expectation bias, like placebo effect or any other psychological effect you wish to name, can easily be eliminated from consideration as the cause by careful testing and listening. It’s not really that difficult. It’s not rocket science. 🚀 In fact, blind testing is one of the war horses  🐎 of the pseudo skeptics Handbook. You won’t see the detractors ever actually getting down to brass tacks, even their beloved blind testing, as they’d rather fight than switch. I don’t expect to see an apology 😢 coming any time soon from George or any of the other pseudo skeptics. What would they say to the other pseudo skeptics? “Gee whiz, guys, I musta buckled under the pressure.” I’m little surprised the naysayers haven’t pointed to aliens or group hypnosis or even some massive global conspiracy as the culprit.