20 Year Old Amplifiers compared to 2017

Just a random thought, but I’m curious just how well the state of the art solid-state amplifiers from 20 years ago compare to some of today’s better offerings. For example, what does a pair of Mark Levinson 33Hs or a Krell FPB 600 sound like if compared to the latest offerings from Pass Labs or Ayre Acoustics?
imgoodwithtools
I think upgraded old amps sound as good as new ones. Regarding the future direction of amps, my prediction is the biggest innovation will be the widespread use of battery power as cars and phones drive the development of battery power. 
Interesting comments. I will put my old Lafayette KT-550 tube power amplifier up against anything and see how it compares to anything new (newer) in anyone's system.  I have not heard anything to date that really sounds like this amplifier does.  And not much in the way of best parts (newer parts) in caps or resistors.  Go figure!  Happy Listening.  And for those KRELL people, I loved the KSA-50.  Built a clone of one about 10 years ago.  Loved that amplifier. 
As usual, Ralph (Atmosphere) nailed it. As you would expect from a legendary designer and manufacturer of AMPLIFIERS.
One great designer responsible for the 1st pure class A amplifier over 100 wpc, and fully regulated power supply for very low distortion and stable 
At even demanding conditions.
James Borgiorno  R.IP. his Ampzilla amplifiers, 
And excellent preamplifier live on.
Remember Marantz,Dynaco,Sumo,and Constellation
Jim worked,and designed with many founding greats.
Amplifiers biased high in class A dtill have a very nsturalness
To them. Digital has come along way ,May be a hybrid with tubes?

Post removed