Can't we all just get along?

I have not been a member for a very long time, and joined Agon to discuss audio with others in my hobby. Seems to me that almost every post devolves into a hijacked  negative argument between a few members that seem to think it's their platform to preach their opinions to any who would listen, and any dissent to what they have to say is met with ridicule/insults, and just downright rudeness.

There will always be differences in opinion, BUT, we can be civilized in how we disagree.

There is already too much negativity in the world. Is it not possible to insulate that from our hobby in this forum, or is this what we have become? Hiding behind our keyboards and not having the courtesy to treat our fellow audio lovers with decency, open-mindedness, and RESPECT !

128x128crazyeddy
Actually, I think a lot of the negativity comes from positivity ... the need to help your fellow man ........... avoid being ripped off or wasting hard-earned money that could be put to quantified enjoyment elsewhere. The other side is that the other side wants to share their joy. So in a way, the intentions of both sides of these arguments are positive. It's all how you look at it.
@jssmith Perhaps...definitely a "glass half full" way of looking at things. That may be what a whole lot of people need right now.😁
just ignore, don't respond, to the snarky and ignorant remarks and they will look elsewhere for attention.
I think the incivility creeps into most threads by a few things working against all of us.

First, there is the blog mindset that seems to desensitize normal discourse. My test is whether I would literally say that post to a group of contributors over a beer. If it seems too edgy or offensive (that is, someone visibly becomes uncomfortable, walks out or tosses their drink in my face), then I try to rephrase it. I try to remind myself of that when I write a post.

Second, we often talk about audio gadgets that we care about, because of ego, expense, and/or time invested in the hobby. Sometimes I forget that folks care about their gear as much as I do. Perspective via self-reflection is always heathy before clicking that “post your response” button.

Third, sometimes written communication simply fails. That’s hard to get around. But it happens.