More Bad News AT Thiel

According to Ted at Strat-Ta-Gee.com Thiel is on the verge of closing. According to the Chief Engineer who was let go Dennis Crosson Thiel is done. Upper management has denied this and stated they are planning to move into the next phase. Very confusing. Looks like Classe all over again. Very interesting article on what's going on.
linnlingo
That is quite a review.  They're banking on females to buy it because the ceo is a female and apparently the mechanical engineer who designs the products is too.  

I love this quote.  How many women are there who want to spend an extra $500 over the price of Bose so they can get a little less bass?  I'm guessing 3.  

"I've had many speakers in the past, from Bose to B&O, and can confidently say the Aurora competes with the best of them. I used to love Bose back in college given its signature robust bassy sound. In comparison, the Aurora isn’t quite as bass filled, which is awesome, as I feel the sound is much more authentic as a result."

The moment they released the 3rd Avenue series as a replacement for all prior lines, it was over and done with. Jim Thiel speakers were special and it revolved around the principles that was engineered into each product.

Coincident drivers, time and phase alignment, first order crossovers, low distortion drivers that displayed high bandwidth capability and powerful under hung motors. There was passion evident in these designs and its genuine disappointment to see his company and brand brought down like this. Even if they decided to chase the lifestyle market, they shouldn't have stopped design speakers that made a Thiel speaker all it was known for. But I fear its much too late at this point to bring it back from the brink.
Jon 5912 She mentions a female CEO. Didn't Kathy Gornik run the business side for over 30 years?
Al Griffen of Soundstagenetwork.com had a review of the Thiel $899 Aurora Home Wireless speaker. Okay at normal levels but the top end tended to be harsh. He compared the Thiel w/the Naim Mu-so Qb and the $499 Riva Audio Festival both of which gave a wider presentation w/better more defined base. His final conclusion was the Thiel was overpriced for what it delivered. However he did like the looks.
As I enter 2018, I am not so sure that I want a "new" Thiel loudspeaker.
The reason- there are too many original and excellent JT models in the secondary  marketplace.
Happy Listening!