Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
hi Jafant,  thanks for your kind remarks.  I started with the 2 series in 1985 after selling a pair of Infinity 2.5 speakers.  they  were like a mini mini version of the IRS. In 1992 got the 2.2's.  kept them for about 15 years and got the 2.4's in 2007. boy were they a big improvement. then i got the 2.7's in 2014 and they have been remarkable in how they keep getting better as the other gear improves.  I am a total PS Audio Fanboy and have their BHK preamp,  BHK 250 amp,  P10 power conditioner,  the fantastic DMP player,  and the most amazing of all,  the DSD DAC.   They have, through software downloads,  updated the unit like five times, all for free.  The most amazing thing and the reason i write this,  is how easy it is to hear the changes because the Thiel speakers are so dang revealing.  They are going to be hard to improve on unless we move into the Magico or Wilson price points. 

The remainder of my system is a REL S/5 SHO sub. Plus i use all PS AC12 power cords,  a beautiful and highly recommended Samson rack from Mapleshade,  and many of their feet and other stuff.

I sure hope that Rob can continue to run the repair division because there sure are a lot of us devotees out there.  Congrats to him for 30 years at Thiel.  He has been there as long as i have owned them. I do have really good memories of interacting with Gary Dayton over the years.  Their customer service was on par with PS Audio and that is saying something.
PS:  as i mentioned in an earlier post, i have a set of Sound Anchors that i used with the 2.2 series and think they would work on the 2 series as well.  would be happy to send pics and measurements if requested.   I would be happy to sell them as i have no need for them now.  [email protected]
Jafant, I was shopping for speakers for a while, visiting all the brick & mortars in NYC. It originally came down to Maggie III’s or Vandy 2’s. Just when I decided on the Vandy’s and went to put my money down, the dealer pulled out the Thiels. I was really torn at first, but the more I listened the more appealing the Thiel’s became. I really wanted the 3.5’s but they were really beyond my budget at the time. I was starting from scratch and needed everything else too . Happily settled on the CS 2’s. When I moved from my NYC apartment to a house with a larger dedicated room, the used market had expanded dramatically and was able to track down a pair of 3.5’s not too far away. Of course as is the want of audiophiles, I soon replaced everything else except interconnects.
Jafant, I was shopping for speakers for a while, visiting all the brick & mortars in NYC. It originally came down to Maggie III’s or Vandy 2’s. Just when I decided on the Vandy’s and went to put my money down, the dealer pulled out the Thiels. I was really torn at first, but the more I listened the more appealing the Thiel’s became. I really wanted the 3.5’s but they were really beyond my budget at the time. I was starting from scratch and needed everything else too . Happily settled on the CS 2’s. When I moved from my NYC apartment to a house with a larger dedicated room, the used market had expanded dramatically and was able to track down a pair of 3.5’s not too far away. Of course as is the want of audiophiles, I soon replaced everything else except interconnects.
Excellent system- ronkent
many owners of the 2.2, 2.3 and 2.4 remark about Sound Anchors.
Hopefully your pair will find a good home.
Happy Listening!