CleanerVinyl-Ultrasonic record cleaner

I purchased a Cleanervinyl Pro recently and am very impressed with it! I have used vacuum style cleaners for many years. Last year I purchased a $3000.00 vacuum style record cleaner and thought that was about as good as I was going to get for cleaning records, but I was wrong. The CleanerVinyl Pro system cost me around $600.00, it is far superior to vacuum style cleaners. I took some lp’s that I couldn’t get fully clean with my Vacuum record cleaner and was able to get them clean with the CleanerVinyl system. You can see the crud that collects in the bottom of the machine, and these were already cleaned with a vacuum record cleaner.
skyhigh
I turn on some music. A tad/ drop of Dawn dishwasher liquid on a rubber maid rectangular tub, add 3-4 inches of  hot water. I place the album on an angle where the water line is just below the center  label. I spin with both hands the LP about 5 times  on each side.Get both sides wet. Then  in a circular motion I  go over the vinyl with a soapy (same Dawn water) sponge 15 times clockwise then 15 times counter clockwise on each side of the album as the albums lays on top of the edges of the tub.

Next, with another clean sponge , with cold clean water from the faucet, I sponge rinse the album with about 5  wet circular motions on each side. 

I then place each side of the album under the faucet in an angle so , again I do not get the center label on the album wet, at least not a direct stream on it, and rinse each side thoroughly.Rinse a quarter of the album at a time under the faucet as you spin to the next rinse area.

As I finish the above process with each album I lean/stand  each washed/ clean album against the  wall on the bathroom or kitchen counter top to air dry a bit. I prefer the bathroom because is closer to my listening area and have more towels and space.

Once I finish the group wash I go to the first washed album and in consecutive order I dry them with a very soft, clean, mid size bath towel with circular motion covering both sides of the album. Only the towel touches the vinyl. As I finish each album with the towel dry,I place each album in a rack under a ceiling fan while I finish the whole bunch. Once finished with the group I then put each album  inside the sleeve/cover  with more towel circular drying motion right before going  back in the sleeve.

Once finished then the reward is to listen to the really  shinny and clean albums  while reading the LP cover and admiring the art on the cover in the same order of washing.

I usually do no more than 10 albums, if that many, at one time which may take me 30-40 minutes. Key thing is to be listening to music the whole time. Is a love thing. The albums get  really clean.

I REALLY want a AD Ultrasonic machine....Just waiting for a pissed off wife/divorce listing for $500. Good thing I'm not holding my breath..

I've been saying I'm going to get a proper RCM for the past 10 years.
Meanwhile, I recently purchased a new bottle of cleaner for my Spin Clean. My strategy is only buying clean presses to start(I only buy used) Does the job enough so, I've taken them to shows to hear on uber systems and not have the exhibitor abruptly cut a song short because it was awful.

A random tick/stitch is easily overlooked by great music and decent recording, especially on a killer system.

This DIY thing is intriguing. I like great stuff on the cheap.

Mofi,

Never got anywhere with it - sold the CD player.  I did see the Amari once at a show in Norway - it is quite large and noisy - well all the Ultra Sonic ones are.  

IMO the absolute best one is the KLAudio - the combo Im using now is 95% of it for 10% the price - unbeatable.

Good Listening

Peter 
pbnaudio
...I did see the Amari once at a show in Norway - it is quite large and noisy - well all the Ultra Sonic ones are.
The Klaudio machine is very, very quiet if you use it with the sound dampening option.