Hegel Mohican vs. Bryston BCD-3

If anyone were looking for a single-box CD-player that qualified as a get-off-the-roundabout component, it seems to me that these two models would be high on their shortlist.  So my question is:

Has anybody been able to hear these two models side by side?

128x128twoleftears
These are both excellent players however, with the emergence 
of high quality music streaming especially with MQA I would recommend that you look at a player with digital inputs so if you wish to try out a streaming service you can do so.

Unless you allready own a dac of course. 

We are recommending to our clients to digitize their libraries and use a streamer and you can get some awesome sound with all the modern convenience of modern streaming sources, access to brand new music fast and easily, and total ease of access with an Ipad or Android app.

Dave and Troy
Audio Doctor NJ
Audiotroy
I thought you only invaded Wilson sites to sell your wares. You are apparently an equal opportunity invader.
@audiotroy
While there are tons of people who have given up on CD and moved on using digital files, I feel there is still a significant number of folks like me or OP who like the CD ritual. It is the same as the LP users.
A smartphone or tablet, is a huge distraction in a listening room. At some point in future, I will also have downloaded hi-rez music, but I am trying my best to stay away from smartphone/tablet/laptop use in the audio room. These best gadget turns into worst distractions in a listening room.
Of course, this is my view. 99.9% of the people may disagree.
Good question I am interested as well. I have only heard the Hegel once at a store and it was great in particular with the balanced outs. 

I would suggest to read carefully the warranty information as CD players can break. My impression is that Bryston has a very good record on warranties. Also it gets super good reviews. 

Keep us posted. 

Separately i appreciate audiotroys inputs on this forum. They disclose they are dealers what’s the big deal if they offer suggestions?