Richard Shahinian

Music lover and speaker innovator Richard Shahinian died on November 26.
Mr. Shahinian had one of the more memorable rooms at a New York City HiFi show circa 1987. He was featuring his Obelisk loudspeakers powered by Bedini. Wow!

Condolences.
cscrutinizer
I had not idea that is so sad. Best to his family and may he rest in peace. And a true innovator in speaker design is sadly lost.
I remember when the Obelisk was first 'rolled out'; a nifty design...
small, 'well-voiced' (IMHO), and a pleasant departure from it's 'peers' of that era....  wasn't in my 'price range' at the time, but one of those that got my attention and respect...

Yes, truly.  RIP Richard....and Thanks.
RIP

We had a pair of Obelisk at a small high end shop in Ohio where i worked..... they were an aquired taste and a mystery- but somehow RIGHT....
looks like tge pearly gates will get a serious upgrade with Richard S joining up with Charley Hanson this week....lets let them have a monopoly on new talent up tgere for a while....

I was there in the Shahanian room with him at that 1987ish NY HiFi show.  Anybody there will never forgeet the experience. He just sat there playing music for us, uninterrupted with sales pitches.  If asked he briefly would answer a question. Mainly he spoke about the music he had played or would play next.  People just sat there enthralled...blissed out sort of at the feet of a beneficent "guru" who gave us music that soothed our souls.