Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
Veterans-
Thank You For Your Service. America would not enjoy Liberty nor Freedom
without your Heroic efforts.
Prof
I glad to hear you Hugged your Thiels after cheating in them
by listening to the Paradigms.
Have you been able dial in the 2.7's  yet ?

Stevecham
Yes I live in Eugene, moved here from Chicago 12 years ago where
I frequented Reckless Records on N. Broadway .
Where's the other Finest record store ?
I see that you have CS6's , I looked and they are beautiful .
Where in S OR do you reside ?
I am just exploring Rush because Saffron_boots ( Warren ) said he used one of their songs to evaluate speakers,
since I didn't have any Rush It got me motivated to explore and expand my Rock collection which basically stops about the time when
ELP came out with Works and Pink Floyd with Animals .
I saw then both at Soldiers Field Chicago .

Good to see you again- vair68robert,
another +vote for hugging our beloved Thiel speakers. It took 2 years for me to find my pair from the original audition date to sale date.

Great stories guys.
Happy Listening!
Basics!  sometimes I forget the simplest things.  I asked Jafant earlier about cabling for a pair of 2 2's I just picked up. They just didn't seem as quick in the lower registers as the 1.5's they just replaced..  Well in my excitement of setting up the 2 2's I quickly put two pair of speakers smack dab in the right front corner of the room, the 1.5's and an old pair of ported PSB 5T's ..... talk about some excessive room treatment!  The unnecessary bass traps were immediately re located to the basement and the 2 2's now sound the way all good Thiels do!  These sound very easy to drive compared to other models I've listened to .... Still on the hunt for 3.6's but very happy until then.
zkga,

Glad it worked out for you.  Your experience is the type of lesson many audiophiles could benefit from; you'll get far more from the free tweak of playing with speaker placement than from spending money playing cable roulette.  (And of course addressing room acoustics if necessary - which may not be free depending on the acoustic solution, but is likely to still be less expensive than a lot of audiophiles spend on cables). 

I'm constantly amazed at how much sonic change can occur moving or angling a speaker by inches - sometimes even less.  But, that's the physics of acoustics for you.