Ohm Walsh speakers; Anyone have any experience

I have been interested in the Ohm Walsh drivers, and their uniformly positive reviews, and omnidirectional nature. Does anyone have enough exposure to these to provide a critical assessment? Happy listening, D
dmason
Rick,

My experience is similar to yours re (Ohm I's). I started as a customer after a weeks worth of auditioning during my teens back in 78 at Tech Hi Fi in Manhattan, with a set of C-2's that actually were my second choice. The first was the magnificent Ohm H's which were simply out of my price range, but never the less sounded spectacular. Then unfortunatley sold C2's to help pay for college. Fast Foward 30 odd years recently coming back into the Ohm fold, purchasing a mint set of pre owned mint I's which I refurbed with new drivers. Cannot be happier. I have nothing against the Walsh series
but preffer the absolute ultra dynamics of conventional transducers. The I's sound magnificent at whisper levels and bashing out the hard rock tunes. Why Ohm decided to abandon the classic line will always remain a mystery to me. However, all this being said, I would still love to audition a set of properly set up Ohm F's. Sean, seems to be well versed and would be able to impart good advice regarding a reputable vendor that can re-surround in case the used ones avaiable need refurbing. I know the official company tag is that the original Walsh drivers are un-rebuildable. Maybe, maybe not. However, I agree whole heartedly with you Rick. Why spend tens of thousands more than is required to experinece 98% of the delicious Ohm sound? dino
I've posted a few reviews on the various Ohms I've owned here on A'gon recently if interested.
Please check out my site. www.hhr-exoticspeakers.com
I am always interested in hearing your thoughts and experiences. Perhaps I can shed some light on Walsh "style" speakers.

Contact me by email, or preferably call me.

Dale
Hi,

I purchased a pair or original Ohm Walsh F (with the tiny iron bars and no filter under the driver) in good condition. Sure the spider is a little loose, but I can listen to music up to a certain level of bass and what I can hear is just unbeleivable. I've been in speaker testing and making for 15 years, and after hearing these pure marvels I realised how far every speaker out there is from the Ohm F's. This is the ultimate music AND sound experience IMHO.

Cheers!
Does anyone have any experience using Ohm Walsh 2 speakers for home theater use only? I'm re-doing my HT set-up and was thinking about using the Ohm Walsh 2s for the main front channels. Power would be provided by a Class D Audio amp that was built from a kit.