26"-32" LCD HDTV Buying Angst--Toshiba? Sony? etc.

I'm shopping for a LCD HDTV, probably a 26", & probably either a Sony KDL26S2000 26" Bravia, or a Toshiba REGZA 26HL66 26". This is based mainly on reading reviews on Amazon, & in CR. It would be either for my 12" x 16" LR, or my 10" x 11" BR, why I'm leaning towards a 26" (& the rooms are adjacent, so I can move a 35lb. TV from room to room if need be). I can order the Toshiba for about $800, or the Sony for about $724.

Any advice? Should I wait for the prices to drop more? I have CRT TV's in both rooms now, so it's not urgent, but I have "the urge to Buy Something", you know how that is :-) Oh, & my LR is my main Listening room, with Totem Mani-2's, etc., so TV & DVD watching is important, but secondary to music listening.

TIA for any feedback, steve
steveaudio
Bigger is not always better. How far are you going to sit from screen? Are you going with HDTV? Etc.
Perhaps using the word "angst" was an overstatement. Maybe I'll flip a coin, or post on one of the more video-specific boards. I find, in smaller rooms, that a 26" TV is "just right"--not too big, not too small, but I'd consider a 32" if there wasn't much other "stuff" in the room.

It's tempting to go bigger tho, these days. The 42" Panasonic Plasma that's so popular is only $1299 now. But in my small rooms, not practical, IMO.
I have a Toshiba 36HFX73 that has treated me VERY WELL for the last couple years. With the DVI input(get a Kimber Kable) the HD picture quality is no less than excellent. Sucker weighs a ton though!!
I recently purchased a small (32") LCD. I ended up getting a Sony but I was very impressed with the Panasonic LCDs. And they're cheaper than the Sony too. I thought the Toshiba was good too, but just a tiny touch less good than the Panasonic or Sony.