Love my ipod, Hate my ear buds....

As on old time audio guy, who just got my first ipod. I know, I know...so I'm a little slow...not thrilled with the phonics, but enjoy the portability and interface, but, HATE, HATE the ear buds, extremely uncomfortable and so sensitive to exact placement...
So I thought I ask my friends here who must have struggled with this already. If I want this for easy portability ie slip in my inside pocket (so no bulky head phones), what options have you found that are comfortable, small and sound reasonably good.

I thank you in advance for your suggestions.
seric56
I second the Shure SE530. They are easily driven by the ipod alone (no headphone amp needed) and they are comfortable for an IEM. There are other options (like the Ultimate Ears) but some of the them need a headphone amp to sound good.
I have the Shure E2C and they sound pretty darn good. I imagine their new 530s are the cat's ass. If you can afford 'em, go for it. Otherwise consider the 2s, or 3s, or 4s...

-RW-
Sony is the inexpensive version of shure or sennheiser. For $50 you will be much happier. These fit inside your ear, don't fall out, you won't have to worry about placement and are quite comfortable.