Oppo UDP - 205

http://www.oppodigital.com/blu-ray-udp-205/
unsound
Nice comeback milpai. :) The reviewer lost me toward the end when he was discussing how his Meridian processor did not have Dolby TrueHD/DTS-HD decoding. Best Buy stuff has had that for, what, 10 years now? No wonder he was blown away...

Dave
Update from my side - I am going with a 12k loudspeaker with the Oppo UDP-205. This should make a bigger sound upgrade than a $5k loudspeaker and $4-5k SACD player.
Just noticed this thread, as I am getting the 205. Yes, no question that’s the better move as it leaves you lots more room to grow. Heck, for the most part, I play digital music out of a $50 raspberry pi 3 sending toslink out to an Ayre codex and to an Ayre preamp/amp stack and Vandersteen Quattros. Speakers matter so much!
I got my UDP-205 today. This is really a substantial unit. It is heavier than my previous Marantz A-8260. I like it from the get go. Contrary to what I have read, this is NOT a "bright sounding" player at all. If anything, I find it has lots of details. The images are well defined and stable. The bass sounds a bit lean, but ha good definition. The player has great extension at both end of the sound spectrum compared to my existing player.
I have put the player on "repeat" for the past  couple of hours.
Forgot to mention - the Android app is a pleasure to use. No need to TV for audio playback. I tried USB stick with FLAC, MP3, DSF, etc formats and it works like a charm. Can even change the filter options from this app. I really like the convenience that this app provides.