Reference disc player...UDP 205 or Marantz?

Hey guys....
I've decided to take the plunge, and get my last reference disc player--at least for a very long time--and I'm looking for opinions on the subject.
I really wanted to get the Marantz SA-14S1, it sounds fantastic for sure, but I started to read all the glowing reviews on the Oppo UDP-205. Is it just hype, or the real thing? Is the Oppo really that rare piece of equipment that punches that far above its price? Who here has listened to the oppo and/or the Marantz? How do they compare? 
Thanks! 
jonasandezekiel
milpai...it seems that way doesn't it? Isn't that what a good psychologist tries to do? Get you to solve your own problems? And I need a good psychologist right about now. 

You got to be kidding Marantz SA-14S1 a reference player ????

It doesn't even have balanced outputs!!!!!

Could this be part of the new cheaper line of recent Marantz products that just carry the logo badge but don't have the high quality parts inside. I looked inside one of their newer power amps and was shocked to find an ordinary E transformer - no toroid!!!

Be careful ... there is Marantz and then there is MARANTZ....
I had the Marantz SACD 805.  I also had the Marantz streamer/DAC NA 7004.  Based on these 2 pieces, I would say that there is a Marantz House sound.  It's smooth, but rolls of the top end to much for my liking.
I also have Oppo 105, and sold both the Marantz components off after purchasing it.  It blew them both away in sound and functionality (the Marantz streamer in particular was a real P.O.S. With a terrible buggy app).. 
  I currently use the Oppo mainly as a transport.  I play DSD from SACDs into a Bryston BDA-3 DAC via HDMI.  If you ever decide to go that route, you can do it from Oppo and Sony players but not from Marantz.  However, that's icing on the cake.  After living with both, I would never step down from an Oppo to a Marantz.
btw, I also have one of the Denon high end 2 channel SACD players and fortunately it doesn't sound like Marantz
Niether of the players above are reference class imo. The only times i have heard an Oppo unit i was pretty underwhelmed, just average at best, the Marantz would be my pick of the two, but far from reference digital. 
Regardless, and this bears repeating, if in any way shape or form you begin to introduce video into the equation, the Oppo UDP-205 is instantly transformed into an absolute necessity, irrespective of any other components.