Another soundstage question

There are a couple of soundstage related threads running on the amp/preamp section and they reminded me of a question I’ve been meaning to ask without hijacking those threads. The speakers are Vandersteen 2Ci and the system along with their placement is giving me a real deep and relatively wide soundstage - but not much further to the sides, but I’d like the height of the soundstage be little higher. The speakers are on the sides of a bay window, about 10’ apart and with heavy drapes pulled on either side and about 2.5’ behind the speakers. Much lighter curtains cover the bay windows for privacy. In my seating position that is about 10’ away from each speaker the top of the soundstage is just about the top of the speakers, sort of like I’m sitting at the same level as the musicians. The depth is realistic but I think the height needs to higher to give a better feel for the height of the singer standing in the middle and the rest of the band scattered at different levels within the stage. So having said all this, is the soundstage height mostly a function of the electronics driving the speakers or its the size/shape of the speakers, e.g., speaker height, tilt, etc., the listening placement, or a combination of all of the above. Thanks.

128x128kalali
The depth of a sound stage in any of the three axis is best treated in the same dimension. If you want width, improve room acoustics to the sides. If you want depth, improve room acoustics behind the speakers. If you want height, treat the ceiling and floor.

That is in general, but also, adding absorption on the floor around the speakers is often worthwhile. Regular pillows and blankets are a great way to experiment for free.

Also, treatments around the listening location should not be underestimated either. Too much focus is on primary reflections these days, and not enough to overall absorption and tonal balance.

Thanks gentlemen for your very helpful suggestions. I think I need to start with some test tracks, as was suggested, to first establish a baseline and adjust my expectation from my gear. As one of you said, I might be chasing the holy grail of audio and may have hit the limits of what my moderate system is capable to deliver. Taller speakers would definitely help - (did someone say Tekton DI or there’s an echo in the room?!). I’ll also experiment with all the free options you all mentioned and see how much I can stretch the soundstage without compromising all the other elements like imaging, width, etc.

I may give Johnny R a call tomorrow and ask his opinion as well. He’s been extremely helpful in answering all my questions about placement, matching gear, etc., without an even a hint in trying to sell me something. A real class act.

Post removed 
What you really want is the soundstage height to be in line with so to speak the rest of the soundstage dimensions, I.e., the width and depth. In other words the soundstage should approximate a sphere and should ideally represent the venue space of the recording, with great depth, width and height. Not only that but as the system improves you should notice an ever expanding sphere that is the soundstage. As the resolution gets better the subtle soundstage queues such as echo and reverberant decay become more apparent, as well as transparency, coherence, air, etc. If you have to resort to toe-in or tilt-up you’re a long long way from Tipperary. Get the soundstage right and the parameters like tone and detail will follow.