Greatest Rock Drummers

Given the subject line many names come to mind such as  Ginger Baker, Keith Moon, Phil Collins and Carl Palmer but, is Neil Peart the greatest rock drummer of all time?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSToKcbWz1k
128x128falconquest
@jafant

+1 Stan Lynch

Very tasty drumming with a great groove. As a supporting vocalist he was fantastic too. It took TWO musicians to replace him - Steve Ferrone and Scott Thurston - both tremendously talented musicians themselves.
Right On! shadorne-

he had real chemistry w/ Ron Blair and Howie Epstein in those early days.
Happy Listening!
Sticking with the OP topic of ROCK drummers, as there are a lot of jazz drummers being mentioned. Should be another thread IMO.

Year in year out Neil Peart has been the consistent performer, always trying to improve his technique and creating new sounds. If the R40 Tour was the last time we see him perform live then for sure he went out at the utmost top of his game. For the past 10 years he was getting better and better. Clearly he is thee rock drummer of choice.

Gavin Harrison is probably my #2 rock drummer. Others for me
Mike Portnoy, Marco Minnemann, Jaki Liebezeit, Barriemore Barlow, Steve Smith, Ian Mosley, Bill Bruford.....
Stan Lynch was perfect for Petty, a real fine "song-player" drummer---very musical. By the way, after Lynch left Petty (for very understandable reasons), he took Don Henley's advice to him and pursued a career as a songwriter, having a couple of hits by Country artists.
If you're talking jazz drummers then I must give a shout out to Jon Deitemyer, drummer for Patricia Barber.