Primaluna Prologue vs. Dialogue

Hi guys,

I've just posted this on another forum, so sorry for c/p but I need good info as soon as possible. :)
I've seen a lot of discussion on Primalunas here on Audiogon, so...

I've been looking for a good not so expensive tube amp to use with Tannoy Stirling SE.
I've had the opportunity to try Audio Research VSI75, Leben CS300 and Primaluna Prologue Premium.

AR is on another level, but the price is there too. AR was with KT120 while primaluna is EL34. That for sure makes a big difference, but...
Leben has that magic, but you're limited due to low power even with Stirlings (91dB) - it's ok for acoustic, vocal etc, but play some Pink Floyd and it goes flat.
Then I've tried Primaluna Prologue Premium. For the price it's one of the best amps I've tried. These are the amps I've had at home for longer audition or owned them: Rega Brio-R, Rega Elicir-R, Naim 5si, Musical Fidelity M6si, Accuphase E270, Luxman 505uX and 550AX and now I own Exposure 3010S2D. I've also listened to a lot of other stuff in the shops. Not bragging, just want to give you a perspective.
Now, I'm thinking of selling Expouse and picking up Primaluna. Since I don't like changing amps often, I was wondering should I go for Dialogue?

I've tried searching on the web but there is surprisingly low amount of info from users that have compared Prologue and Dialogue Premium int. Usually it's high praise for either.
I know the specs, but what about the sound? How it differs form Prologue to Dialogue? Is triode mode worth the price difference?

At the moment I'm not interested in Line Magnetic since I can't audition it.

Regards,
Borna

bornac
From what I understand the Dialogue has better transformers (wider bandwith) which equates to more highs and lows. Also it is set with an extra pair of driver tubes (12au7). I have heard both in my house. I don’t think they are day and night different, but I did prefer the Dialogue more. I felt it was more Dynamic.

Triode mode is sometimes nice, but overall I prefer the UL mode.
The Prima Luna Dialogue is a very versatile amp. It allows you to use EL-34's, KT-88's and KT-120's. You also get a choice of triode and ultra-linear modes. W/the auto biasing it's a snap to change tubes. Great build and allows you to configure the sound you like.
@aniwolfe - thanks! 

@linnlingo - I'm aware of flexibility regarding tubes, but only noticeable difference from usual specs mentioned is triode/ultra-linear. Nobody other than aniwolfe said anything about sound difference between the two (of all posts I've found so far). I know that specs are better than for Prologue (caps, wiring..) and am afraid that it could impact the sound in a way that it moves it towards "colder" side of things. Prologue is already not overly warm (yeah I know that tube rolling helps :) ) .

If it's just the dynamics, than it's a good change. :) 

bornac-the PL distributor@Upscale Audio  will give you solid info to your query.

i found  upgrading from the PL Prologue series to the Dialogue Premium well worth the extra expense.

Since you mentioned the ARC VSI75, thus thread may be of interest to you::
https://forum.audiogon.com/discussions/considering-switching-from-audio-research-to-primaluna-troube...

A blind comparison of the ARC vs PL Dialogue Premium.