Question for cable/wire naysayers.....

For those who state that cables don't make a difference...... are you saying that all cables sound the same?  If not, what are you saying?   I've experimented with many different brands and materials and I can't possibly believe that those naysayers hear no differences.   And if the science says that the cables should sound the same, a simple experiment (listening!!!) should prove otherwise.  Or, are these naysayers not listening for changes in resolution, soundstaging/imaging, coherence.....and so on between cables?  Please elaborate on what you are NOT hearing and feel free to drop names.  What cables have you compared that didn't sound different?   I've just gotta know.  I'm floored every time I see a post or response in which cables are called snake oil or something comparable.  Please enlighten me......Thanks.
lcherepkai
"Many of you graduating today from Acme Audio Engineering School will go on to big things. The rest of you will go into Pro Audio and work in recording studios." 🙄
Once Doug Sax heard what good cabling did for his monitor system, he rewired his entire studio

...so audiophiles can justify their NordOst or Alpha Core or Siltech wires purchases??

Lemme tellya @bdp24 , He used the same approach as I do and wires he used isn't any NordOst or even AudioQuest, bcoz if you wire your studio with this home-audio junk, you'll spend more money on these than on the entire mastering studio.

"We have done extensive listening to wire.We use Alpha
1775C. It is inexpensive, but very hard to work with since
it is solid core wire, and cannot be flexed much at all."

Doug Sax...

I know that audiophiles normally either refuse or lack to apply math skills to evaluate certain magnitudes and therefore most of them are so silly and happy to be robbed by industry(ies).

According to my math, if you hook up your home-sterio-stereo with these, you will spend less than I did on Mogami.

100' hook-up reel of Alpha wire will cost around $150. Think of how many studio REFERENCE quality hook-up cables you can make out of this one having in mind that great quality connectors run around $2...3 per piece and twice as less if purchased in bulk.

I like that reviewers publish their reference system and draw comparative distinctions between that and the item reviewed. What I'd be even more interested in is an occasional audiology exam, including a tympanogram. While it won't tell the whole story of hearing capacity, it at least provides a measure of frequency thresholds. I'd settle for the results of a simple pure tone test. It'd be helpful to have a little information about the "tools" available whether it's a cable, fuse, spike, cone screw, room treatment or major component being considered.
czarivey, no one said Doug Sax rewired his studio with NordOst, Alpha Core, Siltech, Audioquest, or any other specific brand, audiophile-approved or otherwise. I certainly didn’t say it, and that’s because I had no idea what wired he installed. What WAS said was that his studio used to be wired with lamp cord, and that it is now wired with what Sax found to sound better. You’re quote from Sax proves the truth of that statement. Sheesh, what is with people these days?---so argumentative, confrontational, and downright antagonistic. The Trump effect?
Hi
I have been playing with cables for years and have come to a few [probably wrong] conclusions.
1 The real difference in cable sound quality didn't come from the speaker cables but from the interconnects.
I have a somewhat medium priced speaker cable and a standard 12 g wire set. When I hook them to my speakers [one speaker with 12g and one with the name brand] I can tell no difference between them. I have asked my visiting friends to stand in front of each speaker and tell me which sounds better and they can't tell any difference between them either.
Now when I hook up the factory supplied  interconnects that came with my amp-pre-or other devices They sound very flat with little musical sound.  they sound OK but not good.
I then hook my medium priced interconnects and it is like listening to a whole different system.
I am sure that high end speaker cables make a difference but not on any system I have ever owned, but I don't use zip cord either.
Greg