Most Important, Unloved Cable...

Ethernet. I used to say the power cord was the most unloved, but important cable. Now, I update that assessment to the Ethernet cable. Review work forthcoming. 

I can't wait to invite my newer friend who is an engineer who was involved with the construction of Fermilab, the National Accelerator Lab, to hear this! Previously he was an overt mocker; no longer. He decided to try comparing cables and had his mind changed. That's not uncommon, as many of you former skeptics know. :)

I had my biggest doubts about the Ethernet cable. But, I was wrong - SO wrong! I'm so happy I made the decision years ago that I would try things rather than simply flip a coin mentally and decide without experience. It has made all the difference in quality of systems and my enjoyment of them. Reminder; I settled the matter of efficacy of cables years before becoming a reviewer and with my own money, so my enthusiasm for them does not spring from reviewing. Reviewing has allowed me to more fully explore their potential.  

I find fascinating the cognitive dissonance that exists between the skeptical mind in regard to cables and the real world results which can be obtained with them. I'm still shaking my head at this result... profoundly unexpected results way beyond expectation. Anyone who would need an ABX for this should exit the hobby and take up gun shooting, because your hearing would be for crap.  
douglas_schroeder
Ah yes the bait and switch technique. People don't like the challenging idea that claimed results aren't audible enough to be tested - so now they protest about the use of pronouns, suggest that this is some kind of Nigerian scam and self proclaim that the thread is dead! These are all smoke and mirrors from what has been demonstrated here: when challenged nobody is willing to stand behind their claims of audible differences!

shadorne wrote, 

"Ah yes the bait and switch technique. People don't like the challenging idea that claimed results aren't audible enough to be tested - so now they protest about the use of pronouns, suggest that this is some kind of Nigerian scam and self proclaim that the thread is dead!"

>>>>>>Whoa! Huh?! Your reading comprehension skills are about the same level as jujitsu. Did you both go to the same school? You know, when you put words in other people's mouths it's called a Strawman argument, a logical fallacy. Better luck next time.

then, shadorne wrote,

"These are all smoke and mirrors from what has been demonstrated here: when challenged nobody is willing to stand behind their claims of audible differences!"

>>>>>No, what is clear, however, is that pseudo skeptics won't even test their own ridiculous claims. Real skeptics would at least make some modicum of effort to get to the bottom of things. Pseudo skeptics never do. They keep waiting for someone else to do it then complain when nobody does anything. So, what else is new?😳
This discussion has merit. We disagree, sure, but lets not lower ourselves to throw insults at the messenger...like commenting on their (collective singular) comprehension skills.

Here is how I see this. Bunch of guys say the unloved Ethernet cable, if you purchase an expensive one, sounds way better...like "night and day." Couple other guys say not so....digital will always sound the same. Those couple guys challenge those other guys to a bet that they cannot really tell the difference if they don’t know which one they are listening to. No one wants to accept the bet...instead they offer extraneous BS excuses and insult the guys offering the bet.

Good summary?
dynaquest409-17-2017 8:56pm
Bunch of guys say the unloved Ethernet cable, if you purchase an expensive one, sounds way better ...l Couple other guys say not so ... Those couple guys challenge those other guys to a bet ... No one wants to accept the bet ...
Please. It is a "bet." A ruse. A charade, a parlor trick at best, posted by an anonymous contributor offering a gmail account as a source for details of the "offer." Hence all of the deleted posts. Please.
@dynaquest,

I don’t entirely agree with your summary cause some of those betting don’t even own a digital streaming setup that involves Ethernet cable (I won’t single them out but they know who they are).

Why they are even here debating the merits of Ethernet cables or digital bits is beyond me 😳

We have recently conducted a shootout between following cables and each of these cables sounded different in a pretty good mid-fi system,

Purist Audio CAT7
SoTM dCBL-CAT7
Synergistic Research Ethernet Active SE CAT6

In any highly resolve system, each and every cable matters!