Oppo UDP - 205

http://www.oppodigital.com/blu-ray-udp-205/
unsound
@ozzy

I don’t mean to be a party-pooper, and I’ll assume you read my last post. Granted, that pertains to video and not *necessarily* audio.

Nevertheless, the question (please allow some poetic license here) remains that if the Oppo UDP-205 can’t get it right when you tell it not to alter video and simply provide native/raw format, how could anyone expect it to do anything - audio or video - right when you ask it to *process* whatever it is you play back through it?

It is my view at this time that everything (audio and video) about the Oppo UDP-250 is "unfaithful". And we know what happens in that kind of marriage.

I ask everyone to add their voice/text to mine by calling and/or writing to Oppo, multiple times per week, until they can get *source direct* correct.

Thank you.
Tonight I've removed the Modwright 205 and reinstalled the old Oppo 105. Now I knew the mods would widen the gap between the two but, holy crap! The modded 205 ridiculously out performs the old 105. There seems to be a major veil, like someone threw a wet blanket over the speakers.

hopefully the few bugs in the 205 will be sorted out in future firmware updates.

Lance
hopefully the few bugs in the 205 will be sorted out in future firmware updates.

I hope so too. However, the firmware "updates" thus far in my opinion are analogous to having a problem with your homes foundation and then hiring a contractor to remodel the upstairs bathroom. As to their latest bug, a black widow spider is also a bug, and that is lethal to humans.
The UDP-205 disappointed me, it does NOT support Tidal, it only streams from a NAS or attached disk.  In talking with support they confirmed that Tidal or any other streaming service will not be supported which tells me Oppo has their eye off the market.

As for sound its not much better than my Modwright modified 105 and its definitely not as good as the Schiit Yggdrasil

It is however a very good 4k player!