Best Integrated, period.

Has anyone compared, Gryphon Diablo, Gamut Di150, Vitus SS101, Krell FBI, APL UA-S1 Jeff Rowland Continuum 500? Please add what you found to be best integrated.
perrew
Based on your speakers, and my prior experience with Pass equipment, and the type of sound you are looking for, I think there new Pass integrated would proabably very worthwhile auditioning.
Perrew said:

"I tried different amps with VTL, no change. Used Transporter direct to Spectron, that lowered the noised a lot. Still Id want just two boxes, one amp and one source=>1 IC, 2PCs and SC i.e. minimum cables."

Yes, there's a lot to be said for a two-box system, particularly with Class D. With my Rowland Continuum 500, the incredibly sturdy chassis, short point to point wiring, physical isolation of components and, most importantly perhaps, Power Factor Correction (presenting an even load to the main and converting AC to 380V DC) leads to an ultra-quiet system.

Class does introduce EMI/RFI into your environment. If you've got a digital source, like a CDP, that introduces more and your general envirnonment may or may not be loaded with RFI. These factors make balanced mode, chassis design and circuit design critical to quiet operation. An integrated designed with all these factors in consideration gives you an elegant and, in the case of the C-500, a powerful, musical solution.

Dave
The TRL ST-225 is only available direct through Tube Research Labs. You can inquire about them by contacting Paul Weitzel directly.

There is an Audiogon review on the integrated. I happen to own the amp only version the D-225, which is what Ecruz just bought, along with the matching battery powered Pre-1.5 (the integrated has a passive preamp section from what I recall).

These amps are excellent for the money. If you can hear one in advance you might just be tempted to place an immediate order. If you contact TRL they may be able to refer you to someone in your area that has one.
I think I'm in love with the VAC Phi Beta. It is quite the stunning piece.

And that was before I saw the favorable comparisons with Halle Berry over at sixmoons.

I've heard other VAC amps recently and was similarly impressed.

Can somebody tell me how well the Phi Beta might fare driving a pair of Ohm Walsh 5s? These present a somewhat challenging load and love to suck amps and power from SS amps normally.

I notice the PB is rated at same power output into 2, 4 and 8 ohms, which sounds promising. Could damping factor be an issue?

Thanks.
TRL ST-225 is the best I have owned. No remote however. It absolutely opened up my music collection like no other high end piece of gear I have ever heard. An utter and complete step beyond anything I have heard regardless of price.

I cannot imagine a better sounding set-up. If so, I want it yesterday!

Bill