Have you ever met another audiogon member in person?

If yes, tell us about it. 

i want to meet wolfgarcia and tablejockey!
128x128jbhiller
bdp- since we are brothers in hair as well as musical tastes, I guess I should point out that I'm SwampwaLKer, not SwampwaTer.  I'm a wetland scientist, I walk around in swamps.  Just sayin'...
I met one guy on PS Audio's site, now consider him one of my closest friends.We are both in our 60s and enjoy discovering new, and old music we missed the when it was released.
Met a couple of guys on here, got to listen to an excellent system, particularly the analog section. Speakers sounded great from mid up, bass was not my cup of tea.
I don't think they liked me. The guy who hosted was, well both were very friendly, just a bit odd. They probably thought much worse of me.

I only stop here on Saturday's when I get the email update. I think anyone named wolfgarcia would be my kind of people. Over the years, I met a lot of good people at Dead shows. After "Touch Of Grey" the wanna be's started showing up, didn't have a clue. More suited for head banging, both literally and otherwise. The one's that didn't get it moved on.
If you find people in your area, send a PM.It can be hard to find dedicated audiophiles/music lovers. Most of my friends, some I have known for over 50 years, have lost interest.
Another place to meet like minded people is at your local audio shop, when they have special events. If nothing else, you may meet some of audio's greats. I got to have a very nice conversation with Richard Vandersteen.
Damn Swampwalker, I’ve been writing it wrong all this time? Sorry mate, I guess I thought it was perhaps a Louisiana or Florida-derived moniker, as it may be. Time to start wearing my reading glasses regularly! bdp24 refers to my favorite vintage drum covering (Black Diamond Pearl) and bass drum size (24").
My local audio club (DC HiFi) has quite a few members that are also on Agon.  I also have met several people from out of state that I've become good friends with here on Agon. Some of them will be coming to visit in November to hear my system and go to the Capital AudioFest. It should be a blast.

Lance