Vintage DD turntables. Are we living dangerously?

I have just acquired a 32 year old JVC/Victor TT-101 DD turntable after having its lesser brother, the TT-81 for the last year.
TT-101
This is one of the great DD designs made at a time when the giant Japanese electronics companies like Technics, Denon, JVC/Victor and Pioneer could pour millions of dollars into 'flagship' models to 'enhance' their lower range models which often sold in the millions.
Because of their complexity however.......if they malfunction.....parts are 'unobtanium'....and they often cannot be repaired.
128x128halcro
@best-groove
yes, but nothing about the price for this job, he said he has 75 jobs in line for the next month, i hope i could get an answer about estimate price, i just don’t want to ship heavy turntable if i don’t know how the total price will be calculated. If it will cost about a grand i will pass on it and will do it locally for free, lol.

GOOD NEWS!!!
Wilkinsons are able to repair my JVC tt10. Andrew informed me that someone must have either dropped it badly or put a hammer to it... He has replaced the bearing at the bottom of the spindle and will then work on all the electrolytics and so forth.
@@Chakster 
Have you read on their site regarding the estimates?
Unable to make a quote as the problems can be multiple and may take a while; I believe that over a certain sum they make to forait.
However, they seem to have a JVC museum and can check their TT101 in case of problematic failures.

I show you the link of their site
https://www.wilkinsons.tv/?page_id=1173

I have told them to do the works so to speak. I didn't get the TT101 to skimp. I got it because I liked the design and technology that has not been repeated since.  
They have done a once over thus far and an estimate. To their credit they don't persuade you to have done more than is necessary and strike me as very honest guys. TBH its makes a refreshing change to come across two 'techs' with a genuine engineering background who give structured and logical advice. You can't give a fixed estimate with things that are vintage and in my case where it was damaged in transit.
@lohanimal, no one asking for exact price, but experienced vendors should recognize the symptoms described above (in my posts) to make a conclussion. Two vendors already said they will not touch the tt-101 for less than $1000 (or 1000 Euro + tax). Dave Brown (who fixed tt-101 for one of us) adviced me just to resolder all the eyelets one by one, it can take 1 hour minimum, pulling the PCB and soldering both sides maybe 2 X that, let’s say 2-3 hrs. He charge $25 per hour and that includes time for packing and shipping. Sadly i’m not in the USA, because this price is fair and easy to understand. His website is modularsynthesis.com

I have no problem with bearing, platter etc, rotation my my tt-101 is stable, but it turns off in 30 min each time i turn it on. Now sure what was the problem with your tt-101 (probablly totally different), but you can tell us the price you paid.