Tekton Double Impact & Comb Filtering

Like many of you, I have been pondering purchasing these speakers but am very curious about the unusual tweeter array. I asked the smartest speaker person that I know (he is a student of Sean Olive) about the design and below is what he had to say.   

"In theory it could work, but the driver spacing means that the crossover point would need to be very low.
He is using the SB acoustics tweeter which is 72mm in diameter, center to center on the outside opposing drivers is around 5.7 inches, which is about 2400Hz. This means that combing would stop between 1/4 to 1/2 of the wavelength (between 1200-600Hz) is where the outside tweeters should start playing nice with each other.
Since he is not using low enough crossover points he has created a comb filtering monster. Now while it's not the great point source that was promised, it's no worse than most line arrays and the combing will average itself out given enough listening distance.

The MTM spacing on the other hand is ridiculous. Hopefully he is cutting the top end off on one of those midrange drivers to avoid combing."

seanheis1
Mofo, the defensiveness and attacks I was referring to were coming from several posters, not just one. I’m sure CSM can answer for him or herself.  Miki, no one is forcing you to read a thing.
It's hard not to notice the similarities between this thread and the several on fuses. 
213runin, maybe some people are looking at it that you are being combative and attacking. Think about how you express your critic.

1) The thread is about the Tekton Double Impact. But YOU continue to refer to the measurements of the Enzo, a TOTALLY DIFFERENT speaker.

2) You continue to bash Tekton that they do not post +/- dB frequency response. But I have showed that they do in an earlier post.
Below is the current Raimaker (only use this one because you mentioned it as the one you have) frequency response.
  42 Hz - 20 kHz ± 3 dB
Now the one posted on Tekton for the DI.
  • 20Hz-30kHz frequency response
  • Ultra-linear frequency response with ±1dB deviation from 70Hz-20kHz
  • Notice the 2nd bullet point? +/-1dB
    Yes, it would be good to know what it is below 70Hz.

3) You take issue when someone takes your speaker, Rainmaker, measurements from an old review but yet you seem to have NO problem using the Enzo measurements vs the DI. 

4) You state that the Rainmaker is made in "North America". Why don't you just say Canada?
    The Tekton is made in North America, the USA.
    No offense to anyone here but we live in a WORLD economy so deal with it. Otherwise you better start walking everywhere because no matter what car you buy some of its parts are made in another country. And that is one example.
    Hey, I have no problem if someone wants to buy and/or support American made or manufactured products. I do it, within reason. 

5) " (I’ve owned about 15 different pairs of speakers in the last 3 years) "
     REALLY?!? FIFTEEN!! In THREE years!!
    That is FIVE speakers on average per year! About one speaker every 2.4 months. With setup time and tear down time and everything that goes with it that does not leave you with much time to truly evaluate them does it. Even a professional reviewer could never do justice to that many speakers in such a period of time.
    I believe you, it just seems...well lets just say WHY. 
    I am curious, did you try as many amps, preamps, DAC's etc?

6) You get all defensive and tell people to buy what they want and to like what they want and then add that that not everyone will love what they love.
    That is what others have been trying to tell you.

And no one is forcing you to post.
    213runnin,

uhh yeah you were directing it directly at csmgolf.  Did you read your own post? I get the feeling you have never been wrong! Must be a wonderful feeling being so enlightened. For you to spend so much time on Tekton threads runnin your mouth about things you know nothing about is very comical, ridiculous, and ignorant. 
    Mofojo has it exactly right. I was just pointing out the irony of your posting. Clearly, that concept is far over your head. I don't know what makes you think that I am defending Tekton, I made that clear in my last post. I also said I would never buy a pair until I got to hear them and that I was not overly impressed with the pair I did get to hear. Not so hard to understand if you can comprehend English.
    You can defend the measurements of the Rainmaker, but they are clearly worse than the Enzo. If you check Stereophile measurements often, you will note that most of the bass rise indicated in all of their measurements is caused by the way JA measures the speakers. He states this often in speaker measurement text explanations, even in the text of the Enzo measurements. IOW, most of the 6 db rise in the midbass can be discounted. So that leaves a regrettable, narrow band, notch at 2000 hertz. Other than that notch at 2k, the measured frequency response is not too bad, and JA says so at the end of the review. Take the midbass hump from the Rainmaker and they still measure poorly with a 12 db swing. BTW, the Enzo xl is a $2100 speaker, not $3000. You keep crossing models up. By your logic, no one should be Forest because Rainmaker measures poorly. Hey, I wasn't the one who said I couldn't live with a speaker that has a 12 db swing in frequency response because it was too colored, it was you. And guess what, you own one. Do you get the irony of your complaint yet?