Audioquest

Has anybody upgraded from Audioqest type 4 to rocket 33 or 44?Not sure if it would be a noticeable upgrade?Would like to stick with AQ since everything else is.Thanks!

corvette01
AQ fans,what speaker cable are you using?Im using rocket 44 now from type 4.Im seeing a lot of deals on  AQ cables both used and old stock.
I agree their lineup is extremely confusing at first, and it gets even more confusing when you consider all the historical lines.

For speaker cables I’ve upgraded to double bi-wire with a 2nd pair of AQ Kilimanjaro (from their prior speaker cable line), which results in the exact same PSS metal content and geometry as the WEL Signature, except in 2 white/black cable jackets instead of 1 black jacket -- basically the same cable (though I think with better shielding and better cosmetics on the WEL) when factory re-terminated with the 1000 series spades. Sounds awesome. The Kilimanjaro is the "bargain" for PSS speaker cables when you can find them used.

I actually considered buying a WEL Signature SC, but with those prices, even at 4 ft...I bought a new Niagara 7000 with some of the "savings". I do have a couple of the WEL LP cables and may add an XLR. I’ve been slowly moving up the AQ lines for years now. Their silver is incredibly smooth sounding, with all the detail of silver.
I just listed an 8 foot pair of classic AQ Volcano speaker cables and an 8 foot pair of AQ Caldera here on Audiogon.
For anyone reading this thread after the fact, beware that the AQ Type 4 is an entry level cable with an aggregate wire gauge of 16. The Thiel 3.7 is a speaker that retails for $12900. Its impedance is under 3 ohms for much of the frequency range.

Therefore, both the Type 4 cable, and the XPA-5(which warns of a minimum load of 4 ohms, as does the XPA-1) are a bad choice for a speaker that presents this kind of load. I’d suggest not buying a $13000 pair of speakers if you can’t afford to then buy a more substantial amp. I’m sure a Thiel dealer could make some recommendations regarding the amp that would be a much better fit.
213runnin,I have 2 systems I use regularly,with over 25 k spent.Right now the xpa 5 will have to do with the rocket 44 wires.At lower volumes which I listen to it's fine.I got a deal on the 3.7 s so I went for it.I intend on upgrading the amp soon but right now I'm in the middle of a Corvette summer,because I can't drive 55!