Silly prices for Nordost cables

http://www.nordost.com/images/review-images/review-pdf/127555.pdf

$38000 for a 2m pair?
$17000 for a 1.5m power cord?
$20000 interconnect for 0.6 meters and only(!) $2000 for an additional 0.5 meter?

I know the debate is tired but this is beyond ridiculous.
128x128noromance
@joecasey The problem is that very little of that stuff is actually sold, and what is, at nowhere near the asking price.  It's not indicative of a functional marketplace.  Those cables serve other purposes for the manufacturer than to satisfy market demand. That's all from me for now.
If one is on the position to buy "price no object" equipment,
why not?

Personally, I’m restricted to "value for your buck" gear and use Heimdall II for everything from the wall. Great stuff which gives you a sample of what the ridiculous ODIN is all about.

Nordost fans are like quality Chinese gear fans. There are either haters or believers.

If I had a $200k rig, I won’t be plumbing it with Blue Jean cable which by the way, is fine cable. I would be whipping out my Amex Black without reservation.

Very few of the new Lamborghini Aventurado at $425K are sold, either. 😄 😄

@joecasey

I recommend Canare Star Quad wire with XLR interconnects.

It is not widely understood but all the supposed wire problems/effects are actually because of poor equipment design, poor setup, incompatibility and malfunctioning gear. Properly designed and well built and correctly configured audio equipment does not need any special wires to sound perfect.

If you find audio cables are making improvements then it is time to change components to something that works without band aids or additional filters. Buying a good active EQ makes more sense than trying to change your sound with unusual wires that are intentionally designed to act as a filter to the signal.