Is Classe AUdio no longer???

Just read this article:

https://www.strata-gee.com/letter-dealers-classe-status-mysterious/

Wonder what the hell is going on?

128x128mofimadness
I agree 100% with erik...
I'm old enough to remember a time when, "Made in Japan" was synonymous with "JUNK".  Obviously, that's no longer the case since, following WWII, Japanese industrial leaders had the good sense to listen to William Deming and adopt statistical process control practices...major contributors to the excellent quality now associated with Japanese goods - including autos and electronics.  Due to other influences, a similar transformation is underway in China and has been for some time. Personally, I find it foolish to treat all Chinese electronics as cheap, poor quality products produced by sweat shop labor.  Examples can be found to support this stereotype but the exceptions are growing and can represent high value alternatives to Western-mftd. goods.             
I own a Hegel HD-12 which is designed in Norway and manufactured in China and an Aurender N100H server/renderer/streamer made in South Korea and have found both to be excellent products.

The Aurender is among the best constructed and finished audio components I have owned (mostly American and Canadian).

Spent my entire career running electronics manufacturing facilities in the US and some of those guys in Asia are kicking butt whether jafant likes it or not.

Dave
" Interesting indeed- czarivey.
I hope those guys are not junk-sourcing to china."

Idiotic statement

Personally, I find it foolish to treat all Chinese electronics as cheap, poor quality products produced by sweat shop labor.

Personally, I also try to be as just as possible so I plug in numbers first to be sure.  B&W, large manufacturer, isn't foolish like many audiophiles,  will move their products where profit is better and the factor is LABOR COST. What B&W get is perfectly flat and straight highway with no bumps or traffic lights to bring their business there or anywhere they think they will cut cost anywhere in the world. If you think that this factor is not 20 or more times smaller (for assembly line worker) than in USA or anywhere else in the world, it's never late to learn. 

If you like iPhones, you can also read more info about Chinese assembly line workers. The number of defective devices manufactured is actually growing each year. I regret trading my iphone6+ for 7+ so quality ain't going to be the same either -- there will be substantially larger probability of defective unit.

So what can possibly make you think that B&W will be better boss overthere?

LOL

My DAC and preamp is made in New York. My power amp and speakers are made in UK.

Chinese manufacturing has a achieved a well deserved reputation!!!