recommendations for amplifiers that don't emit tons of heat

I tried a Krell ksa 150 and while I liked the sound, it was like having a space heater in the room. I now have an Audio research vt100. It sounds fantastic, but it makes the room hot as well. Not as bad as the Krell, but it's still a drag in the summer.

I'm guessing I should just suck it up, but I'm curious what cooler running options there are that sound as good (or better)... suggestions?
tripg
Ie: McCormack DNA amps-

They run cool when at normal house volume. Only very slightly warm to the touch %99 of the time.

Any descent SS amp would be good,... A/B is recommended.
How about a used Sunfire 300 - not too heavy, reliable, sound amazing, and run very cool to the touch. used ones are about 500-800 for the 300 W model.

300@8 / 600@4 / 1200@2, /  stable to 1 Ohm

I decided to give class D a shot and purchased the Audio Research DS450. It is the best sounding amp that I've heard in my system. My friend and I have compared it to 4 other amps, including a Pass class A design, and it has come out on top every time. The closest competitor was another class D amp, the Hypex NC400 amps. They are available as a kit for around $ 1,500.00.
Primare A34.2 or A60, which has a DAC.
http://www.primare.net/product-list.asp?m=1

I'd surely place these on my must-demo list; but I don't think you'll find any used A6s yet.

Wow! So many suggestions... thank you all for your thoughts and information. I've got some serious researching to do!

Question regarding Ayre: one common theme in many reviews is "bass shy". What are your thoughts? Bass is an issue in a small room, so "bass shy" is extra concerning. 

@jackput

do you have any experience with other Audio Research amplifiers? If so, can you describe any sonic comparison?

I have a vt100, and have a friend with a D200.