Tekton Double Impacts

Anybody out there heard these??

I have dedicated audio room 14.5x20.5x9 ft.  Currently have Marantz Reference CD/Intergrated paired to Magnepan 1.7's with REL T-7 subs.  For the vast majority of music I love this system.  The only nit pick is that it is lacking/limited in covering say below 35 hz or so.  For the first time actually buzzed the panel with an organ sacd. Bummer.  Thought of upgrading subs to rythmicks but then I will need to high pass the 1.7's.  Really don't want to deal with that approach.

Enter the Double Impacts.  Many interesting things here.  Would certainly have a different set of strengths here.  Dynamics, claimed bottom octave coverage in one package, suspect a good match to current electronics.

I've read all the threads here so we do not need to rehash that.  Just wondering if others out there have FIRST HAND experience with these or other Tekton speakers

Thanks.
corelli
Congrats middleofnowhere,

Im quite sure you won't be disappointed. I bought the Outlaw processor last fall and still haven't used it yet as I haven't bought speakers for the theater room yet. I'm having too much fun and spending too much money on my two channel system! 

Enjoy and im looking forward to your impressions of the DI's.
middle of nowhere,

Congrats on your purchase of DI's,
Let us know how you like them after you get some time on them.

I quess you can pwr them with a receiver,But I have tried lots of other gear with them and you will be just fine.

Luckily I didn't want grills with mine but I've heard they may take awhile hopefully not 6 months.

Best of luck to you,
Kenny.

Wow, so I finally read through all 32 pages. It was quite a read and quite a journey for many of you (this is after reading many more pages on other forums). Wheew!

So, yeah, I’ll get to audition the DIs on Wednesday or Thursday of this week, thanks to @Bullitt5094. If I like them, I can’t see me NOT making the immediate leap to the mini-Ulfs. Any objections?

A couple of things, @lancelock I, too, have the Benchmark AHB2 amp. I’ve long subscribed to the "gain with wire" theory. Did you ever go back to driving the DIs with just the AHB2 to see how it sounds?

Now, I realize that SS gear adds its own harmonics, usually of the less desirable even-order; however, with a THD+N of 0.00013% (verified independent of Benchmarks own numbers), any imparted distortion and undesirable harmonics would be well below human hearing.

It’s just me riffing. Plus, that’s a lot of quality watts coming out of the ABH2.

Speaking of watts, I’m surprised that nobody has spoken of using Decware tube gear with the DIs. I mean, we’re talking about highly lauded tube amps, in configurations to meet most of the tube hungry crowd. Made in the USA, too, baby! I don’t own any Decware amps, but I’ve always been curious.

@grannyring I also wanted to comment on the Lyngdorf stuff. It’s great, isn’t it? I’m glad you’re getting good results with the DIs. With the room correction in the Lyngdorf, do you feel it does everything you need it to do in order to hear the speakers and not the room? Myself, I took a similar path, albeit one that cost me an arm and a leg, with the Linn KDS/3. That’s the latest Linn streamer/DAC/Preamp combo. It’s the same principle, to keep signal digital until the last possible moment. Another real benefit is that you can go straight RJ45 from your router, keeping the packets perfect and uncolored, instead of going USB with something else in the middle. It also has room correction, called "Space Optimization" which is done without a mic.

Anyway, out of trying many DACs: Chord, MSB, Trinity, dCS, Schiitt and Metrum, this was not only the best sounding DAC out of all of them, but also with the added features of all-of-the-above, it really turned my crank.

I’m now using Audio Physic Avanti 30th Anniversary Jubilee speakers.

I think that’s about to change, though. :-)

P.S. - I just wanted to thank everybody in this thread for their 2 cents. Everybody has been real class acts. You've brought a lot to the table and made yourselves available.

Evolvist
My hats off to you...all 32 pages.  Quite a bit of info there from some really good people with many years of experience.
I keep enjoying my DI's more and more.  My single best purchase in 40 plus years of audio enjoyment!
@evolvist - I tried the ZOTL40 today with and without the MZ2 and it was a pleasant experience. The ZOTL40 sounded pretty good going direct as well but not the case in my other system. Maybe the Modwright tube stage in my 205 is smoothing things out somewhat.

As with teejays experience the Micro ZOTL did sound a little better by itself even with my primo tubes but not by much. This contradicts my findings with my electrostats. In this set up the ZOTL40 and Micro ZOTL are inseparable and a match made in heaven. The ZOTL40 does not sound nearly as good without the MZ.

Now that the DI's are properly broken in I will put the AHB2 back in to hear the difference but being familiar with both amps I doubt the pairing will sound better than the beauty of the LTA tube amps.

Lance