Tekton Double Impacts

Anybody out there heard these??

I have dedicated audio room 14.5x20.5x9 ft.  Currently have Marantz Reference CD/Intergrated paired to Magnepan 1.7's with REL T-7 subs.  For the vast majority of music I love this system.  The only nit pick is that it is lacking/limited in covering say below 35 hz or so.  For the first time actually buzzed the panel with an organ sacd. Bummer.  Thought of upgrading subs to rythmicks but then I will need to high pass the 1.7's.  Really don't want to deal with that approach.

Enter the Double Impacts.  Many interesting things here.  Would certainly have a different set of strengths here.  Dynamics, claimed bottom octave coverage in one package, suspect a good match to current electronics.

I've read all the threads here so we do not need to rehash that.  Just wondering if others out there have FIRST HAND experience with these or other Tekton speakers

Thanks.
corelli
Porscheracer,

While it goes against convention I can confidently say the MZ2's one watt drives the DI's beautifully with no flatness, distortion or loss of dynamics or bass. Nelson Pass could probably explain how it does so but I can't. There's an art and science to everything. I can attest to the art and how wonderful the MZ2 sounds but not to the science as to how it does. Frankly I don't care about the science, only the sound matters to me. I was TOTALLY skeptical about the MZ2 being able to drive the DI's properly but figured I'd need it for a pre amp anyways so why not try? It's been eye ( and ear ) opening! I guarantee that if you tried it you'd be as shocked and perplexed as I. I'll let others here explain how one watt is sufficient to drive HE speakers but trust me when I say it produces some of the most musical sound within its limits.....which is a sound level of about 95 db in my room with my listening position 7.5' away. 

The DI's will sound great with a powerful quality SS amp, but don't rule out that they won't with one watt......physics or not. As good as my 220 watt Kismet Monoblocks were ( and they were very good) I prefer the MZ2 driving the DI's. You might prefer the SS amps but if you heard the MZ2 with the DI's you would be quite impressed. 
Hi Mac,
You raised such an interesting yet complex point, the very legitimate notion of science versus "art ". These are two serious entities that matter if one wants to create a superior quality and "sounding " audio component. Where does one end and the other begin? What percentage does science and art each contribute? One thing is certain, both aspects are required.

No question that solid engineering principles and application are mandatory for the good measurements, reliability, safety and quality of construction. I definitely believe that good engineering is a requirement for good sound as well. Yet when it comes to sound quality there’s undeniably more involved to complete the process.

For example Stereophile reviewers Art Dudley (particularly so) and Michael Fremer have raved about certain amplifiers that sound absolutely marvelous in their opinion. These amplifiers are subsequently tested by JA and obvious flaws in measured performance are inevitably exposed. What is going on here?

Is it the "art" factor that made these amplifiers sound so exceptional to the respective reviewers despite their relatively poor test bench results?
Then there are the amplifiers that test and measure in excellent fashion and yet disappoint when actually listened to.

Mac you raised a very compelling point. This is why I will just listen and judge what I hear. If we aren’t buying audio products based on how they sound reproducing music, what then is the criteria? I for one can't just rely on science and math alone.  If this were the solution the perfect amplifier  (or any audio product) would be available based on the proper calculated math equations.  Art is a profound factor. 
Charles
Porscheracer, if you haven’t seen it already I would recommend that you take a look at a post I provided in this thread on 4-16-2017, in which I attempted to explain how the DI/MicroZOTL combo can provide SPLs approaching 100 db at typical listening distances, as has been reported. The post appears about 1/4 of the way down on this page.

Now not having ever heard the DI or any of the LTA amps I can’t provide an opinion as to how that combo would sound when asked to do so. And as I alluded to in my previous post, for me an amp/speaker combination that can’t cleanly produce 105 db peaks at my 12 foot listening distance would be a non-starter. But as others have made clear in the preceding posts we have seen numerous reports of great results from that combo here, from highly experienced audiophiles, which leads me to have little doubt that for most listeners on most or all of their recordings the results would be outstanding.

Regards,
-- Al
(Porsche owner)
I totally agree with Charles. People LOVE the coloration added by tubes. And that is great. I  personally don't. I want my signal path to be as close to the proverbial "wire with gain" as possible. It it wasn't "warm" when it was recorded. I don't want it to sound "warm" in my listening environment. I want a clean sheet of paper, then if I want to add characteristics, I can do that digitally and totally control it. But to Charles' point, we should be buying what sounds good to us. And then throw in the varying listening environments, music types, listening levels. All our expectations are different and that's OK. The one comment in this whole thread that rubs me the wrong way is when it was stated that if you every hear a SET amp, you'll never like anything else, or something to that effect. 
Al, what about dynamic headroom and the role it plays when listening to a particular style or type of music? Below is your explanation on how 1 watt can work with the DI speakers. However I see little mention of dynamic headroom in your comments below? Dynamically challenging music forms would certainly cause the 1 watt amp to show more of its limitations.

I have no doubt that this 1 watt amp can play less dynamically challenging music forms to satisfactory listening levels, but when far more power is needed for those short dynamic peaks on certain kinds of music, one would think the little amp that could would run out of gas. Love to hear your thoughts. Thanks Al.

"The speaker is rated to produce an SPL of 98.82 db at 1 meter for an input of 2.83 volts. Let’s call it 99 db. 2.83 volts into 4 ohms corresponds to 2 watts. So the 99 db becomes 96 db for a 1 watt input. Assuming that falls off with increasing distance at a rate of 6 db per doubling of distance, which is typical for non-planar speakers, at a typical listening distance of say 10 or 12 feet the 96 db would be reduced to about 86 db. If both of the speakers that are present are supplied with 1 watt, the overall acoustic power that is radiated into the room would increase by 3 db, relative to the output of a single speaker, but the increase would approach 6 db if the listener is approximately centered. That brings us to 92 db. “Room gain,” i.e., the effects of reflected energy in the room, would conceivably add something like 3 db or so. That brings us to 95 db. And probably another few db would be added as a result of some combination of dynamic headroom, conservatism in the 1 watt spec, and a small amount of clipping that would not be perceivable as such. Voila!

Here is a simple definition of dynamic headroom given by a fellow Agoner on another thread. 
" In plain English
...means an ability to reproduce a large interval between 'quiet' and 'loud'.
The sound system (mainly defined with amplifier and speakers for dynamic headroom) with large dynamic headroom does not compromise the sound quality with large increase or decrease of sound."