Curved and Straight Tonearms

Over the last 40 years I have owned 3 turntables. An entry level Dual from the '70's, a Denon DP-52F (which I still use in my office system) and a Rega P3-24 which I currently use in my main system. All of these turntables have had straight tonearms. I am planning on upgrading my Rega in the near future. Having started my research, I have noticed that some well reviewed turntables have curved 'arms. My question: What are the advantages/disadvantages of each, sonic or otherwise? Thanks for any input. 
ericsch
Nandric, you are correct. I have tried both and highly recommend 231.5 especially on the dennessen. 

I am using 231.5, because I took a cue from The Tonearm, several years ago.  I even aligned it with the UNItractor, the official protractor of The Tonearm, also known to me privately as the Super Dennesen.  Using the FR64S template in the UNI, also supplied to me by DT. Thus I must be in Baerwald alignment.

Nandric, When I received my FR64S from Japan, the bearing was "stiff".  I actually followed the advice given, to leave it in the sun.  A few hours on our kitchen table in the direct sunlight coming through the window was sufficient to loosen it up.  Neither of our two sons tried to eat it. I've never had to do another heat treatment since then.
Lewm, the uni is the only better alignment tool for any Tonearm. Noticeably better than the dennessen. But not that affordable. I own one because I do setups and installs and it's by far the best tool in the market as far as universality, ease of use and precision. 

Dear Lew, But you was not able to see the VTF spring and the greas

in which the spring is dipped. So Raul may be right by assuming

all kinds of resenances caused by the spring in your FR-64 . My got

so much greas that it hardly can bread. So no resonances of any

kind in my FR-64 sample.

Dear @genesis168 : When you change the P to S tionearm distance ( in any arm. ) you are changing too the effective length and between some limit range on that alignment parameter number what you are doing is to increment or lowering the tracking distortion figure and tracking error too.

Using Löfgren A ( Baerwald ) and going from 245 ( FR spec. ) to 248.13 ( 231.5 ) means that you have a little lower distortion levels but you can play with those parameters and test for example: 256 on EL and this again will gives you lower tracking distortions figure and any one can do it. Obviously that we can do it between some limits due that the tonearms has a limited length and headshells too, so it’s only to make some tests to see where you can go with better results and I repeat you can do this for any tonearm that permits it.

We can do that it does not matters if we are using Löfgren A or B or Stevenson alignments.

Regards and enjoy the MUSIC NOT DISTORTIONS,
R.