Vandersteen 2Ci - Bi-wire cable question

This might sound like a stupid question but I'm going to ask anyway. I see lots of bi-wire speaker cables with one pair wire connection to the amp on one side and two pairs (bi-wire) on the other/speaker end. I always questioned the wisdom and wondered how these cables are made. So here's my question: Are there any benefits in "converting" my regular speaker cables into bi-wire by simply splicing two short pairs of  cables, of course same quality as the main cable with connectors on the speaker ends.The speaker in question is Vandersteen 2Ci which doesn't have jumpers. I'm also wondering how folks hook up regular speaker wires to these speakers.

Or, I should also ask if a bi-wire connection mandatory on these speakers? Thanks.

128x128kalali

Well gentlemen, the speakers are in and hooked up. Heavy puppies with the Sound Anchor stands and they look practically new. Followed Johnny’s suggestion and made a set of jumpers using 8 awg wire and I really like the sound they make. Very open and balanced sound top to bottom with bass filled in just the right amount. Good soundstage and a wide sweet spot that allows others to enjoy the music as well. Overall very happy about the switch.

As for cables, the challenge I have is that these speakers are in a room adjacent to the rest of my system and the I have a roughly 25’ long wire (12 awg) run through the basement to the speakers. The amp does have two pairs of outputs and I can try running a second pair from the amp if you guys think its worth the effort. The wires are nothing special and are cheap, its just the effort of fishing them through the wall, basement, etc.

Thanks again for all the input. I can now see why these speakers have lasted the test of time and offer such a great value.

@kalali

Congratulations on your purchase. I very recently upgraded my Vandersteen 1ci speakers to 2ce Signature II's and they are a vast improvement over the 1s. I'm using 8' Audioquest GO-4 bi wire and they sound amazing. Enjoy!

Some say that bi-wiring is advantageous when large woofers are involved... the 2CEs have a 10" woofer + a 10" passive as I recall... that calls for at least trying..
I have had the vandersteen sig for a couple years.. wonderful speakers, but too WIDE.and tall for my room and mid-field setup. 
I believe that the 2s have an active 8" and active 10".  Agree that bi-wiring is definitely worth a try, even if it means moving the amp into the room just for the experiment.  My 3A Sigs are bi wired, but never tried them otherwise.....