Dave's Picks 23

Rumor has it...

Fillmore East Jan. 2, 1970
Fillmore East Jan. 3, 1970

Epic! Sign me up.
128x128otherone
I trust your connection otherone.
Let us hope this is the next title indeed.
Probably not both nights in one release as there were early and late shows both nights-it would take 6 discs, and given the subscription nature of the releases (4 releases per year @  $100) , anything that size would mess up the numbers...
Jan 2, 1970
Early: Mason's Children, Casey Jones, Black Peter, Mama Tried, Hard To Handle, Cumberland Blues, Cryptical Envelopment-> Drums-> The Other One-> Cryptical Envelopment-> Cosmic Charlie
Late: Uncle John's Band > High Time, Dire Wolf, Easy Wind, China Cat Sunflower > I Know You Rider, Good Lovin' > drums > Good Lovin', Me And My Uncle, Monkey & The Engineer, Dark Star > St. Stephen > The Eleven > Turn On Your Lovelight
Jan 3, 1970
Early: Morning Dew, Me And My Uncle, Hard To Handle, Cumberland Blues, Cold Rain & Snow, Alligator > Drums > Jam > Bid You Goodnight Jam > Jam > Alligator Jam & Reprise > Caution Jam > Feedback, E: Uncle John's Band;
Late: Casey Jones, Mama Tried, Big Boss Man, China Cat Sunflower-> Jam-> I Know You Rider-> High Time Tease, Mason's Children, Cryptical Envelopment-> Drums-> The Other One-> Cryptical Envelopment-> Cosmic Charlie, Uncle John's Band-> Black Peter, Dire Wolf, Good Lovin', Dancin' In The Streets-> Drums-> Dancin' In The Streets, E: Saint Stephen-> In The Midnight Hour
Show times for above post:
Total times:
Jan 2 early 63:08 min.
late 118:29 min.
Jan 3 early 60:10 min.
late 111:52 min.
This is a great period where their set list begins to diversify. Listen to those Fillmore West recordings from 1968 with mostly Pigpen material and I think you'll understand my point. But either way, thanks for the advanced notice. I couldn't have predicted that this would be a follow up to the Cornell 77 release.
I've been listening to that Cornell 77 show a lot recently and am still enamored with the Betty Cantor recordings, as they have a great natural and open feel to them. I'm considering purchasing the high resolution download. Has anybody downloaded that high resolution file and if so, did you notice a significant improvement over the standard redbook CD's?