Curved and Straight Tonearms

Over the last 40 years I have owned 3 turntables. An entry level Dual from the '70's, a Denon DP-52F (which I still use in my office system) and a Rega P3-24 which I currently use in my main system. All of these turntables have had straight tonearms. I am planning on upgrading my Rega in the near future. Having started my research, I have noticed that some well reviewed turntables have curved 'arms. My question: What are the advantages/disadvantages of each, sonic or otherwise? Thanks for any input. 
ericsch
Roy Gandy, designer and manufacturer of the game-changing Rega pickup arms, proselytizes that it is a straight wand which can be made stiffer than an S-shaped one. SME, whose arms in the 1960's and 70's (Series 2 and 3) were S-shaped, does the same.
What "game" was changed by Rega pick-up arms?
I agree that the modern trend is definitely in favor of straight pipes.
As some have already noted, s shaped arms tend be higher mass designs.  The choice of arm  (mass being a key issue) is generally dictated by cartridge matching (compliance), so you're usually nudged toward the curved camp or the straight camp by your cartridge.

Beyond that, there are enough other issues at play (bearing design, adjustability, etc) that the issue is IMO low priority (beyond aesthetics).
Dear @ericsch : In reality there is no true/real advantage on those kind of tonearms. The real advantage belongs to tonearm design and excecution quality levels of that design and that's all.

Pivot bearing type can be a difference. Unipivot against fix ones. I prefer fixed ones.

How many cartridges do you own?

Regards and enjoy the Music Not Distortions.
R.