Speakers to hang on to for LIFE

After 9 years with my Proac Response 3s, I recently decided to change speakers. As you can tell, I'm not an upgrade fever patient. I want something I can live with for years & I think the best advice I'm gonna get will be from those who have & are still living with their speakers for an extended period of time. Please tell me why too. Thanks.Bob.
ryllau
I do not qualify for owning my speakers for a long time, not quite 1 year, but they were first manufactured in 1993, I believe. I bought them used and I am VERY happy with them and have no plans of switching anytime soon.

They are TDL Studio Monitor "m"'s. Anyone hear of them?
I would add in here a pair of speakers I owned for over 10 years, the Duntech Princesses. When I bought them in 1987 they were the best overall speaker I had ever heard, and when I sold them 3 years ago there were still few speakers around that sounded as good to me. I think what made them, and a lot of the other speakers mentioned in this thread, so good was that they did everything very well--perhaps a little warm and lacking the last word in transparency, but a well-designed, well-balanced speaker that got the midrange right. I have found speakers and equipment that do one thing much better than anything else they do eventually tend to wear thin. Perhaps that, along with getting the midrange right, is what gives a speaker longevity in one's system.
Since 1984 I have owned a pair of the fabulous Audio Pulse 835. This now defunct Canadian company produced these excellent 3-way bass reflex speakers. 90db sensitivity. Not much for power handling, but perfect for tubes.

These little gems are exemplars of the fine Canadian loudspeaker industry. Why is it that speakers made in Canada are usually so darned good????

These stunning little speakers continue to amaze me. As I write this I'm listening to them in my listening cottage, playing some great old vinyl.

They are absolutely beautiful too. They make my B&W Nautlius 804s look like crap. Audiophiles should try to ferret out a pair!
I've owned Proac Response 2.4s for 4 1/2 years and have no plans of replacing them. They've worked with every amp I've tried and have that inexpressable "musicality" that make an audio component classic. I'm using an SET amp now and I'm sure it's not giving it's best with the Proacs, but if I ever start auditioning other speakers, I'll do everything I can to keep the Proacs just cause they make just good music.