James Strickland/Acoustat

James Strickland was owner/inventor of the Acoustat
speakers. Whatever happened to him???Same goes for
David Lucas another electrostatic innovator.
shubertmaniac
By the way my Acoustat 4 right speaker started low level popping the other day and now it is WAY down on volume when compared to the left channel. The problem follows the speaker when switched with the left speaker and it stays with the speaker when power supplies are switched. Any ideas or am I now in the market for new speakers ?
There is nothing on Acoustats that can't be fixed. Find the Acoustat web site run by Andy Szabo. Used panels go for about $75.00 each. If you need more help e-mail me off thread with your phone number and I'll give you a call. Don
A defective panel is very very rare i have been with Acoustats for 30 years only problem was an unsoldered wire in the interface that's it NOTHING else.
Sad News for Acoustat lovers. I just got word from Roy Esposito an Engineer with Acoustat, that Mr Strickland has passed away apparently on Thankgiving Day 2017 in Mesa, AZ . what a Great product he designed, it is so sad that we are losing a lot of great Designer/ engineers we also lost Arnie Nudell of Infinity to Genesis a founding member, American schools are not teaching this stuff anymore, we as audiophiles should be teaching and passing this hobby on to the young ones, I know Paul McGowan of P.S.Audio is really sad right now, as they were very close friends.we too will miss them Mr.McGowan.
I still have a pair of Acoustat Monitor 3’s that are still in very good shape for their age. They still have that "magic" to them.