Golden ear triton 1 vs tekton double impact speakers

With so much positive information about both do you have a preference? Have you heard both?
tooth2th
I heard them a couple times , sounded OK to me but nothing special.
Of course, casual listening in a dealers room is not conclusive but I've
been doing it for 50 years so I usually get pretty close .
Did not listen my best because I would never buy any speaker with built-in amp .
Kenny,

I don't know which amp. It was a big one with meters, something from their recent lineup as he only began carrying the brand about a year ago. I didn't take notice of the exact model because I couldn't stand the system for more than a couple minutes. The room/setup looked professional and well done, so I'm not sure how much that contributed to the poor sound. I've only heard GE speakers at this retailer, the Triton Ones and the Triton Fives, neither sounded good to my ears. The Ones were running off the McIntosh amp and the Fives were running off an Onkyo Integra AVR. Both setups sounded shrill and bright with weak bass. The Monitor Audio and Revel speakers he also sells were far more tolerable in the treble region. 

Honestly, I can't imagine how anyone could like the GE speakers if they typically sound like the ones I heard. I haven't heard any Tektons, but after my experience with GE, I'd risk ordering the DI's if I had to choose between these two options. Have you looked into Salk Sound? I almost took a gamble on their Song 3 towers.
@Kenny, For some reason I thought you were the OP. Disregard the Salk question. Didn't realize you're already a happy owner of Tekton.