Oppo Sonica DAC or Audio Research DAC 3 Mk2 & Sonos Wyred4sound modded

I am looking a streaming DAC to use in my system. I am not interested in computer audio or hi res at this time and will only use the DAC for wirelessly streaming Tidal on my system. I am trying to decide on the better way to go; Oppo Sonica DAC or a combo of a ARC DAC 3 Mk2 with a wyred4sound modded Sonos. The Oppo is about $800 and I can but the ARC/Sonos combo for not much more. I will be streaming wirelessly on my network - Tidal and that's all I am looking to do with this setup.

I have an ARC LS-27 pre feeding a MF M6prx amp. I mainly listen to vinyl and only wint to stream Tidal for looking for new music, etc.

Any opinions appreciated.

pilrem
I recently got the Modwright Oppo Sonica. I wished I could comment more on the stock Sonica but I haven't heard it without the mods. It is a killer DAC and the streaming functions work flawlessly. It rivals my much more expensive Direct Stream DAC in sound quality. I am very happy with this streamer. If you got the stock unit, you then have the option of getting the mods done at a later date.
I have the new Oppo Sonica DAC.  Fully burned in, (well over 500 hours). 

I have owned so many different DACs, I've lost count, but A LOT.  The Oppo is WONDERFUL!!!

Very smooth, open, throws a huge, deep, wide soundstage.  It's a smidgen on the warm side of the fence, (just a notch or two) which is what I was looking for.

The Sonica is a keeper for me, (well, until the next round).

Highly recommended!
Another option is the mods I perform.....very significant improvement for $400!