Bluesound Node 2021 vs Cambridge CXN v2 sonically worth the price difference ?

My Oppo Sonica dac  maybe be toast. It won’t run through the program and locate the streamer despite rebooting etc. I think it’s a part that needs to be replaced, this happened before. 
I stream Tidal Hi-Fi only. I have a set 45 amp and Omega 3xrs. What other units  should I consider ? I have ptsd around connectivity based on the Oppo.

your thoughts are appreciated.
128x128brianportugal
“Worth” is a relative term, and depends on your finances and financial priorities.  I own both the Cambridge and the earlier Node2, and my understanding is the Node2 DAC has been upgraded.  Imo there is no question that the Cambridge is worth the extra outlay.  The DAC is better but more importantly the ability to stream and do Chromecast boosts it into another realm entirely 
node onboard dac isn't the greatest (smooth but dull), dunno if cambridge's is much better
Thankyou both. Luckily my Oppo Sonica only suffered from user error when pairing. All is good again. I love the Sonica and the interface for the app.
I own both the Cambridge and the prior Node2, and my arrangement is the Node2 DAC has been overhauled. Imo there is no doubt that the Cambridge merits the additional cost. The DAC is better yet more critically the capacity to stream and do Chromecast helps it into another domain totally
When you say “pairing”, are we to assume you are using Bluetooth? If so, that’s your first mistake. If not, carry on…

@brianportugal

just in case you don't know

wireless can be wifi or bluetooth - they are not equal quality - bluetooth is vastly inferior to a (strong and well received) wifi signal into a streamer

Jj I agree Bluetooth is horrible for quality streaming. 

my sonica is working well except Tidal has made a change in software so I can no longer use tidal . I’m going to Axpona so hopefully I’ll find a streamer dac under 2k that bests my Sonica. 

I’d look out for the new Innuos Pulse Mini that incorporates Innuos’ latest thinking and gives you access to their Sense software that’s free and by all accounts gets high marks for both usability and sound quality and is constantly being upgraded and improved.  And Innuos also offers excellent customer support if you ever run into an issue.

https://www.tweekgeek.com/pulsemini/

Also, I believe you could add their upgraded linear power supply and get significant improvements and still be right near your price target or add it later when funds allow.

https://www.tweekgeek.com/innuos-zen-mini-lpsu/

Hope this helps, and best of luck. 

Thankyou Soix. I have that and unit and the zen aurylic on the list . I heard the Altair is very good but out of my price range . I’m heading to expona so hopefully I can hear them in a system, but it won’t be mine. I can get opinions . 

i think it is very very hard, well nigh impossible, to evaluate how a streamer sounds at a hifi show

lets say you hear a node playing in a bad sounding room

then a cxn v2 being used in a nice sounding room

is this sufficiently convincing to cross the node off the list and buy a cxn?  i would not, could not...