PrimaLuna Prologue Premium vs Luxman SQ-N10 ?

It might be a slim chance but I have to ask - has anyone ever compared the PrimaLuna Prologue Premium integrated amplifier against the Luxman SQ-N10 integrated (SQ-N100)? I have the SQ-N10 and am having the PrimaLuna shipped out to test. I decided to give it a shot as I feel like the Luxman might have a slightly higher musical center than I want, and it might just be because it’s 10wpc (though I have done extensive tube rolling and am very happy with it in general). Hoping the 35wpc in the PrimaLuna (among other things) will take me where I want to be.

Anyone have opinions?

128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xblisshifi
When I almost have my ear up to my speakers I have literally no hum or noise coming from the PrimaLuna unless I literally cranking the volume to 3 or 4 o’clock (like 90% up), and my source is a Cary Audio tube DAC, which could also be adding the minimal noise that is there. Granted, both sources are plugged into a PS Audio Power Plant P3, so my noise is probably minimal. I’m also using psvane TII 12au7’s instead of the stock driver tubes. I also have some psvane grey bottle EL34s coming my way, but until they get here I am using the stock power tubes.

I do get more noise when playing vinyl but that is due to an MC phono stage with seven tubes, so that's understandable.
dweller,

I have a Ray Samuels tube head phone amp, and also a Herron Audio preamp that demonstrated hum issues until I changed the wall outlets , new industrial grade outlets ($5 per) solved the problems for me. Might be worth a try for you 
@dweller I too have replaced my wall receptacle with a Hubbell cryo'd outlet, and the sound improvement was noticeable. I'd recommend @facten 's suggestion.
Really, the artifacts are so low (with the KEF REF 201) I don't think there is a problem. But I'll keep the outlets in mind! Note: I was using the PL with Klipsch La Scalla speakers (105 db efficient). Hum was MUCH more pronounced. A pity as the Klipsch is WHY I purchased the Prima Luna.