E-Bay RETURNS, WHAT A BUCKET OF WORMS

I find out that if you buy a tuner or whatever on e-bay and open it up to put a tube or light bulb in , you have cancelled all your rights to return it......I buy a McIntosh tuner , open it up to replace the light bulbs and notice that my purchase is a piece of junk, I contact the seller and tell them I either need a adjustment or I need to return this........After 15 e-mails with the seller and e-bay about this I am informed that if I take the cover off I am a owner no mater what it looks like inside.......So be careful what you do if you want to return something.........ANOTHER INTERNET LESSON 
autospec
Change can be fast or it can be slow.
 Only sure thing for  humans in that equation is if you ain't getting better you are getting worse .
Ebay is a buyers market with very little protection for sellers.
Buyers remorse is no problem for a buyer...just come up with an excuse and the seller will have to accommodate so as to protect his rating.
Here`s a good story if you like bad endings.
I sold a nice Adcom 555 on Ebay. Right after the amp sold, the buyer asks me if I knew where he can get HIS repaired (said he had the same exact amp). Straight off the flags are going up.
I immediately inform both Ebay and PayPal that I`m concerned that the buyer will simply harvest the parts he needs then claim the amp didn`t work on arrival.
I explained that some parts are only available via another donor.
Both sides (Ebay/Paypal) said "we got your back"
Well guess what, the amp arrived with a "channel out" according the buyer.
Contacted Ebay and Paypal...To no avail. I had to take it back.

When I got it back it was obvious the top plate had been off. I Had to take my now broken amp back, refund him the entire amount AND pay the return shipping.
On top of that I had to pay Ebay their  selling fees because I contested it !!!   
And check this:
 Ebay told me that he could have sent me back a box of rocks and I would have no way to prove he didn`t send me back my amp.
She said it would be a  your word vs his and blah blah blah...
Ebay protects themselves.

Not everyone on eBay is a bad guy although there are plenty of them out there.

When you buy something from me on eBay, if you are in any way unhappy, I will make it right. If it involves returning the item, I would offer a complete refund, pay for shipping both ways and apologize for the inconvenience I've caused, whether eBay would make me do it or not. As it should be.