Helps me with long term system development.

Current setup:
Sources:vinyl,Deezer(16/24 Flac via Sonos), 24/96 Flac Files.
Wadia 321 DAC
Rogue RP-1 Pre
Rotel 1072 (class D)
Pro-Ject RPM1 (Sumiko Pearl)
B&W 684

Music (rock, some classic and Jazz, prog)

The recently added bits are the Wadia and the Rogue. The other components are in the cross hairs of a peasant’ish budget, over a period of time. This system was hodge podged together so going forward I would like a match things up a little better based on more technical info (amp and speakers). The Rogue is supposed to have a respectable phono stage so I thought about first jumping to a Pearl Blue Point cartridge or other high output product. Then the amp and speakers are next. I plan on staying with a class D amp as the hybrid approach (tube pre/Class D amp) fits my goals now. Proly stay with some type of tower speaker in the $2k range. Shooting for $1500 range on the amp. The PS Audio Class D offering is intriguing. Has anyone experienced the new PS Audio class D offering? I figure if I slid that in I would still have a wide range of speakers to choose from. One of the questions is if I went for the PS Audion amp what are good speakers to consider based on that amps specs?

So $500 and $,1500 amp gets me a upgrade and then replenish the funds for a set of speakers.

Should I start with the cartridge first or.....?

Just kinda looking for general soundboard type suggestions and thoughts.

128x128jbuhl
jbuhl

if you are going to start over- change out your pre-amp first.
Rogue Audio is a sonic match w/ Sonus Faber speakers.
@Jbuhl

Sounds like you should give JohnnyR a call at audio connection... I'm sure that a dealer on this forum wouldn't tell someone to get an attitude adjustment  when you clearly posted a $2000 budget... That is a steal on Vandy 3A sigs.... Jump on those!
If for some crazy reason that he had no intensions of selling you the attitude adjustment for your posted budget???
Your line up is all quality speakers,  but they are lines that don't concentrate at that $2000 budget.  Since you are against used,
I would take a look at 2 different ends of the spectrum..
A Salk Song Tower or possibly a Tekton Enzo XL...
I also post a pair of DIY speakers on hear on occasion that I love for $1000, if you have any interest there, just post it and I'll add the link.
Tim
+1 for Johnny R. He gives great advice for free and won't sell you anything you don't want or need.
B
+2 for Johnny R.  He help me build my current system. I'm very happy with the sound. 
jbuhl  - I've gone through a few component changes over the years but the one thing I have come to respect lately is the effect great cables can have on a system containing components such the those you currently own.

So I ask - what IC, power and speaker cables do you currently have?

Perhaps there is some significant gain that can be achieved by upgrading those, before you start on the components.

Some really excellent cables I would start with are the gZero3 IC, the gZero2 Speaker cable and perhaps the Gpower2 power cable from KLE Innovations.

if you search the forum for gZero you will see that i promote these cables a lot, but that is with good reason - I have tried most of their IC's and speaker cables for extended periods (over a month) and am yet to find a commercial cable that can outperform them.

One thing to be aware of - all of the cables above require extensive burn in - >400 hours in some cases - so patience is a virtue - but the rewards are many.

Great cables will
- extend your image and make it moire holographic
- extend the depth and control of the bass
- improve clarity
- improve dynamic response

You might also want to investigate power outlets, dedicated lines and distribution boxes.

And finally - take a look at acoustic room treatments

Components are just one element in a very complex audio equation.

Just a thought - Steve :-)