Wife trouble

I am having trouble with mine also. What about a swap?
128x128stanwal
It is an understatement to say that with women, things are not always as they seem.  The equipment thing may just be something she can hang her hat on and  go for a weak spot. 

I would never have spent the small fortune on equipment were my wife still alive, but it's not a good substitute.  Having said that, any future love interests will have to abide the habit.

Good luck!
Let’s face facts, any woman in the listening room will create distortions. Even when she’s silent.
Based on that I found a way to keep peace AND to enjoy a DFA (Distortion Free Area)

Kitchen is MFA ( Man Free Area, or Woman ONLY)

Listening room is MO (Men Only or no women!)

Fair is fair....
I am really sorry to read about the problems some of you have with your wives. It must be awful.

My wife knew what she was getting into. When we were still dating, I bought an Infinity RS 2.5 system (with the outboard x-over), then a new Nakamichi cassette deck, then I upgraded my tuner to a Mac MR-80. When we were shopping for a house, I nixed several because they wouldn't accommodate my system well. We've always enjoyed much of the same music, too, so my little audiophile hobby has never really been an issue.
As someone who has got through separation then divorce, I'm here to tell you the equipment is an excuse. There's much more on her plate.