Integrated vs Separates, New vs Used - Rogue Audio, Simaudio, McIntosh??? Input Needed!

Hey everybody - I'm getting back into Hi-Fi after a few years off (three kids will do that!). Prior to marriage (2007), I owned a McIntosh MA7000, Logitech Transporter, Focal 1027BE bookshelf speakers, and HSU VTF-3. Great system for my small bachelor pad. I'm a bass player (upright bass from 4th grade thru high school in chamber group and 5-string electric bass since college) and tend to favor setups on the warmer side of the spectrum. I listen to a wide range of music - Willie Nelson to Radiohead, Neil Young to DMB. The McIntosh with the Focals was a nice combination but after listening to higher end equipment, I'd like a little more soundstage, dynamics, etc with my new system.

OK, enough background. I'm struggling with integrated versus separates and new versus used. Here are some options that I worked through (in no particular order).

1. Simaudio Moon Neo 340i (New). This integrated sounded good at the dealer. I wasn't blown away but know that i could be happy with this amp. In order to spread out cost, my bigger picture plan would be to buy this amp and trade up within a year using SimAudio's "To the Moon" program to purchase the Simaudion 700i. A KILLER integrated.  Total cost over two years = $14K plus I'll need a buy phono (TBD) and DAC (Mytek Brooklyn?).

2. Parasound JC-1 Monoblocks (Used) and Rogue RP-7 Preamplifier (New). I liked the RP-5 coupled with the Simaudio 330a power amplifier at the dealer but think the combination could be improved with more gas in the amplifier department. The new RP-7 is a fully balanced tube pre and supposed to be even sweeter in the midrange department (vs the RP-5). Total cost = about $10K ($5K for the used monoblocks + $5K for the new pre). Like #1, I'll still need to purchase phono and DAC.

3. McIntosh MC275 (New) and Rogue RP-7 (New). Tube driven by tube! As a bass player could this be harmonic bliss? Total Cost = 10.5K. In the long run, I'd want to add an addition MC275 for 150 watts (16K total plus Mac cost increase). I'm fearful of cooking with all the tubes and a relatively small office, the high system cost, and I haven't heard this setup. 

4. Rogue M-180 Monoblocks (New) or Rogue Stereo 100 (New) and Rogue RP-7 (New). Same idea as above but with more juice and possibly a mono block configuration. Total Cost = 11K with mono blocks or $8.5K with Stereo 100. I have no experience with the Rogue amplifiers.

5. Sit tight for a (newer) used Simaudio Evolution separates. An 740P preamp and 860A power amp was just on Audiogon for about $13K (versus $24.5K new). My fears that once I enter the world of uber high-end, matching  interconnects, speakers, etc becomes mission critical. I'm not interested in this end of the Hi-Fi spectrum...just want to enjoy the music!

As for speakers, the set-up will be in my office driving KEF LS50's (total overkill I know). Once I'm confident the kids fingers wont be poking the drivers, I'll be looking at floor standing speakers (Focal Supra No 2, Sonus Faber Olympic III - both pretty....Golden Ear Triton?....decisions for the future).

I'd appreciate any insight and/or recommendations! All the options has my brain scrambled!!!
Thanks,
Ken
keoliphant
Add the Benchmark amp to your list ($3k) and maybe the forthcoming PS Audio (IIRC< "Spectral").  I like a nice neutral tube pre (ARC LS25 Mk II) -- older ARC pre's will be warmer or buy an old CJ for lottsa lush, but a SS pre-amp is very easy to live with.

For an integrated the Creek Evo's are very good.

your real problem is too many options (including the active LS50s)
I think you are doing this backward, but, hey, it's your life.

For me, I would audition as many speakers as possible in order to get a fix on what 'sound' I liked. Once I get that locked in, then I would concentrate on the amp, pre and source.
B
gdnrbob - Not the first time I've heard that recommendation. I think that i will take it to heart and instead upgrade my office amplification and DAC (Rega Brio Integrated, Parasound Zdac) with a middle/upper-priced integrated amp to drive the KEF LS50's. Good advice.

Randy-11 - KEF's are not active. Thanks for the Creek Evo recommendation. I'll take a look!

+1 gdnrbob! Speakers first as they will be the ultimately responsible for the final sonic outcome from your system - from all sources.

Kef LS50’s aren’t the only bookshelf speaker to be mounted high enough to keep little probing fingers away. Besides, that’s what grills are for - if you look at models that offer removable grills as most do.