Tekton Electron has been released

As expected, the Tekton Double Impact received a 5 star rave-up from Home Theatre Review. The reviewer made mention of a smaller version for those of us with smaller rooms. I shot Eric Alexander an email at about 8:30 last night and was surprised to receive a reply a few minutes later. He said that the scaled down version, which he named the Electron, had just gone live on his website a few minutes earlier.

I haven't heard any of his speakers yet, but I am really curious, especially about this one. I'm sure that conspiracy theorists will have plenty to say about the reviewer, and the weird patent (they already have savaged the patent, and I don't really blame them), but I am not as suspicious as some, and I think these speakers must be pretty good, or they wouldn't keep getting such enthusiastic reviews from users as well. I want to hear these speakers!  

128x128roxy54
Roxy is right,  and generally speaking you gain speaker sensitivity as the cabinet increases in size/internal volume. Lower speaker impedance load and steep phase angles aren't friendly to tube amplifiers. Tubes work better with higher and flat  (relatively) impedance characteristics. 
Charles 
Like mac48025 said the ZOTL40 will power them very nicely. The ZOTL is unlike any other tube amp made and in my system sounds better than than any other tube amp I've tried. My 87db electrostats have headroom to spare.

Roxy54 3-24-2017
Considering the high efficiency, how would the 4 ohm impedance affect the way they mate with low to medium power tube amps. I admit that I have no idea. Where are you Almarg?
Hi John,

I agree with the post by Charles just above. And if the specs are accurate, the 3.82 db lower sensitivity of the Electron compared with the DI means that about 2.4 times as much power would be required by the Electron to produce the same volume as the DI. Also, the 95 db/2.83 volt/1 meter sensitivity spec of the Electron, given its 4 ohm nominal impedance, corresponds to 92 db/1 watt/1 meter.

That said, how suitable the Electron would be for use with a low to medium power tube amp will depend (among other variables) on how its impedance magnitude (the number of ohms) varies over the frequency range, on how its impedance phase angle varies over the frequency range (impedance phase angle is a measure of how capacitive or inductive the impedance is at various frequencies, as opposed to being purely resistive), and on the interaction of those impedance variations with the specific output impedance of the specific amplifier that is being used (and output impedance varies widely among different tube amps).

So I don't think the answer to your question can be predicted until and unless further technical details and/or a substantial body of anecdotal reports encompassing a range of different tube amplifiers become available.

Best regards,
-- Al

Would love to see the impedance curve of the Electron and the actual sensitivity spec at 4 ohms nominal.