Outstanding 5.1 pre/pro with comp. video switch'g

Looking for an outstanding 5.1 pre/pro with excellent component video switching. Doesn't necessarily have to be a great 2 channel preamp as I am purchasing a nice 2 channel tubed preamp. I currently have an arcam av8 pre/pro which is 7.1 ch. with all the bells and whistles but I don't use them. All thoughts and comments are greatly appreciated. My speakers are the piega c8ltd ribbon hybrid speakers, which are stereophile class a rated. Thanks.
twc
Markusp, I didn't know you could get a separate component video switcher. That is great news. I think some of the older units will be the path I take. Do you have a favorite? I used to own an anthem av2 but sold and bought the arcam. I enjoyed it too but the arcam is much better in my opinion, especially as a preamp through the stereo direct inputs. Tim
I agree with Markusp. I have an Anthem AVM-2. You won't need a 2 channel pre with this.
My other choice would be B&K.
I use a denon 3805 and it is awesome. I know it is a receiver but they can be had for about $600 and it does 7.1 dolby ex dts etc.... You could use the 2805 since you do not need the amps.
Krell HTS is as clean and detailed as you'll ever get for pcm and 5.1dd/dts...has broadcast quality component video switching too!
TWC - any of the above mentioned pre pros will sound great but I am partial to the Meridian 561 and the Lexicon MC-1. Since you weren't pleased with the Anthem AVM2 and want better music performance, I think your best bet would either be the Proceed AVP (amazing stereo bypass) or again the Meridian 561.

As for the component video switch, there are a number of solutions out there but the best one I have used is found here: http://www.video-storm.com/

Good luck and let us know how you make out.

Markus