ATC ACTIVE VS PASSIVE

i am trying out the little ATC SCM 11 with my Pass Labs Xa 100.8 .sounds wonderful.  Cannot get any other ATC speaker for demo.
wonder whether bigger ATC with my Pass Labs would sound better than ATC active as my amp is really very special
128x128alfa100
I noticed a pair of ATCs at Goodwin's recently and the grills looked like chicken wire…not in a bad way...
Wolf garcia,

Yes the grills do look like like crap, the speakers are insanely great.

The whole concept with ATC is the money goes  into  the drivers, the cabinets are workman like, not about beauty of the wood work, the cabinets are designed to be rigid and purposeful. 

If you compare the size of the woofers magnet and the design of their drivers and their superb crossover, that is why they do what they do.

I would  take a pair of ATC 11 or 19 over a lot more expensive speakers, if you dare to compare them to many of the top audiophile brands the ATC just sound more life like, with startling dynamics.

A snare drum sounds like a real snare drum, same with a kick drum. The vocals have  a silky naturalness and the images are gigantic and very holographic. 

Troy
Audio Doctor
www.audiodoctor.com old website new one comming
877 428 2873